Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch & Coastal Flooding Events: January 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Crosswalk wrote: »
    Lights have flickered once or twice now in Cork. We're playing a game and Skyping with some friends from a few different places in the city and it seems that everyone experienced it.

I'm amazed we still have power at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fair few big flashes. Has moved on pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lightning in Lucan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Wow crazy wind last 10 mins in Leixlip. Can see some very sturdy trees outside my house swaying precariously. Also just seen a poor cat flipped along the footpath!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

weather forum about to go into meltdown I reckon, rain and winds have picked up and thunder/lightning getting closer to dublin. The Wicklow mountains will probably rip it to shreds as usual though. (my IMBY perspective always has a touch or sarcasm by the way ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

I'm afraid to look out the window, it's gotten so loud, I'm scared, hold me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Heaviest hail shower I've seen in years few alarms and everything goin off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

West Wicklow: Loudest thunder I've ever heard and just lost power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My God, it really picked up all of a sudden. Rain/hail and serious gusts. No more thunder, though. . .for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Live webcam of strandhill here . Looking calm enough. http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/main_beach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Thunder like an explosion here in Lucan 5 mins ago. UPC gone. Winds very strong all of a sudden too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Sounds Way worse than Stephens night here In the west, what was weak after the last storm will come down tonight. Firewood anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Power just gone in rathfarnham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I was in Ireland for the Stephens night storm which was great fun.

I'm over in New Hampshire now in the middle of a snow storm, watching the updates from the latest storm back home. Loving it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Pretty quiet up until just now, the windows are bending with the wind pressure.. probably as bad as it was Stephens night! Wasn't expecting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still very wild in Castlebar, have had over two hours of sustained violent gusts and rain, does not show any signs of abating.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Trebor176 wrote: »
    So it's confirmed! I heard the thunder too in Clondalkin, which took me by surprise. Not loud, though. There seemed to be another rumble shortly after.

Clondalkin here too. Violent winds on the last 15 mins. Worryingly strong.....

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

The wind is causing thudding sounds on my roof I've never heard before.:eek:

Looks like we're not going to be able to sleep for a while, so charge up them laptops and might as well crack open the champagne too! It's going to be a long night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Seriously windy in galway, no thunder and lightning tho
    The tiles are ready to go off the roof i think......

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Way worse here in Galway than last storm...... Frightening wind outside, dreading the morning..... Live in the middle of a wood..... No sleep. The direction of the wind has seemed to make it much worse here... The gusts are exceptionally strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just jolted out of a nice dream by thunder and massive gusts in D15, I have no measuring gear but its the most ferocious sounding of this recent run of storms. Quite the squall in that Dublin cell, watch for the 3am reports at Casement and Phoenix Park especially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Gone eerily quiet again in Leixlip. Had a look at rain today and looks like that was the small powerfull band passing over Dublin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Violent downpour of sleet/hail/rain with associated very strong winds after passing through Dublin 14.

Temp : 5.0C

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Gone quiet in saggart...looking at www.raintoday.co.uk dirty looking blob just passed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gone eerily quiet again in Leixlip. Had a look at rain today and looks like that was the small powerfull band passing over Dublin at the moment.

Ditto, very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Calm here now. That was fun while it lasted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Normally don't post here but very quiet until few minutes ago, wind very strong all of a sudden here in Dublin 5 near coast road rain pelting of the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Some lovely strong gusts here just outside Barnesmore Gap 5 miles from Donegal Town. Been like this for the last two hours and dosent show signs of stopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

A hail storm just hit with some serious thunder and winds only lasted 5mins but very heavy. I'm west cork so prob making its way inland now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looks like the cell became electrified over Kilkenny and then Wicklow mountains aided convective activity
    Lightning came down around near Valleymount Co Wicklow.
    Those convective gusts were stronger than the Stephens night storm imby

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement