Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch & Coastal Flooding Events: January 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I see the warnings from met.ie are valid until noon tomorrow, I assume that includes flooding risks, any idea when the high winds are expected to die down? Back on the bike in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Lahinch here.

It's way too calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Calm before the storm here in passage west cork .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

ectoraige wrote: »
    I see the warnings from met.ie are valid until noon tomorrow, I assume that includes flooding risks, any idea when the high winds are expected to die down? Back on the bike in the morning.

Windy well into the afternoon, perhaps early evening. It's a very large low, even though the winds won't be very severe they will last quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heading down to Wexford South Coast tomorrow hopefully the sea is boiling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Some juicy lightening strikes off west coast!!! Happy days (I hope😬)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bland and boring day so far in Castlebar, rain in the morning and some wind, but it has been completely calm since then, the warning lasts till noon tomorrow, so we might see something later, but it does not feel that way.

Xenji wrote: »
    Bland and boring day so far in Castlebar, rain in the morning and some wind, but it has been completely calm since then, the warning lasts till noon tomorrow, so we might se something later, but it does not feel that way.

Winds should start picking up on the southwest coast around midnight and further up along the west coast closer to 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-13.01,51.47,3000

The wind area is quite large this time. Not as concentrated as the last times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Very calm here in the Kingdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Another huge tide in Donabate this afternoon, biggest I've ever seen there & I'd say not far off Friday's given the tide was up to where the debris was yesterday. Was not possible to even walk on the beach. And that was without the swell forecast for tomorrow and the winds - my own view is that the afternoon tide in Dublin tomorrow will be as big if not bigger impact than Friday. Ditto for the West & South - I think the tides & swell are just too big for it not to have as big an impact as Friday - of course any damage may not be in the same locations

Some pics from earlier, probably should be posting these to weather pics but everything was been directed to weather pics earlier so justified :)

7JPytD_thumb.jpg

5QDpZX_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i don't like this calm at all. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

10mm of rain here in Waterford City today from the various fronts. Max gust of 65km/h. Nearby Tramore taking a bit of a battering tonight with flooding on the Prom. Video and pics on The Waterford Weather FB page.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

https://www.facebook.com/waterfordweather

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Kippure wrote: »
    h The wind area is quite large this time. Not as concentrated as the last times.

This is , none the less, a cartoon.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    This is , none the less, a cartoon.

Mickey Mouse Storm.......?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

Very calm here in south Kerry , any idea,s as to when we should expect thing,s to get rough :D

tfromkerry wrote: »
    Very calm here in south Kerry , any idea,s as to when we should expect thing,s to get rough :D

From midnight

From midnight

And from what time in the morning should we be seeing the big swell , i am being told elsewhere 7 30am to 8 30am is this right or wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Have to drive by the sea in the morning to work
    Squeaky bum time

And from what time in the morning should we be seeing the big swell , i am being told elsewhere 7 30am to 8 30am is this right or wrong

I would check the tides time table for your area, for high tide that is.

http://kerrybirding.blogspot.ie/p/kerry-weather.html

http://pocketsizetides.com/

:)

• Advertisement

:D:D
    Have to drive by the sea in the morning to work
    Squeaky bum time

Hope not in or around 7 30am as this is when they expect the tide to be at its highest :eek: . So make sure the sea wall is strong enough to take all that extra water :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm gonna have a lovely time getting into college tomorrow morning if this pans out. i may need a boat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

:D:D

Hope not in or around 7 30am as this is when they expect the tide to be at its highest :eek: . So make sure the sea wall is strong enough to take all that extra water :eek::eek:

It was flooded on Friday,mite have to bring the speedos

It was flooded on Friday,mite have to bring the speedos

That should be a picture for Board,s Gallery :D:D:D

I would check the tides time table for your area, for high tide that is.

http://kerrybirding.blogspot.ie/p/kerry-weather.html

http://pocketsizetides.com/

:)

Probably a stupid question but will tide times change now in the morning because of the large atlantic swell :confused::D

Red coastal warnings in Spain and Portugal for tomorrow.

EU-140106.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

scarely quiet southeast wicklow when is suppose to get bad??

Probably a stupid question but will tide times change now in the morning because of the large atlantic swell :confused::D

They stay the same, for the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Breeze starting to pick up here now.

• Advertisement

Bigger waves starting to reach the M6 buoy now.

plot_met.php?station=62095&meas=wvht&uom=E&time_diff=0&time_label=GMT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement