Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch & Coastal Flooding Events: January 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Wind and rain arriving in Lahardaun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

im in tramore and the sea is just coming in around us, im glad i live up the top of the town. for the past 2 weeks the tide has not gone out enough to allow people to have a walk on the beach, we just havnt had a beach plus i have never seen so many uprooted trees in this town ever. this morning or last night sometime a sink hole opened up on a road beside the beach damaging one of the main sea walls, and for days the tide has been coming across the prom into the land across the land. tho, realy this is just nature taking back what belongs to it all that land there was beach and just got heavly built on in the past 10 yrs. tomorrow morning should be interesting down there with full tide at 9 am mixed with the tidal surges and as i type the winds are begining to howl outside. me thinks this is to be an interesting storm and the best is yet to come....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

I don't know if this has been posted before but it's such a fantastic pic that I'll take the risk.

Posted with this text on the Waterford Weather Facebook page.

"A Wall of Water going up then the wind takes over and it crashes back to earth with a big splash flooding all around it. Amazing sight. Nature at its best but you got to be at your most careful. Tramore County Waterford"

Edited to add that it was taken on 5.1.14

tramore_zps94119a93.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Power just back after losing it for 30 minutes here in south east Kerry.
    First bang (And what a bang at that) and lost power straight away, Lightning lasted for 5 plus minutes but well spaced out.
    Gusts have been up and down all night, Really after getting going in the last 1.5 hours, Rain intense at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Power just back after losing it for 30 minutes here in south east Kerry.
    First bang (And what a bang at that) and lost power straight away, Lightning lasted for 5 plus minutes but well spaced out.
    Gusts have been up and down all night, Really after getting going in the last 1.5 hours, Rain intense at times.

Is that Kenmare CB19kevo

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

tfromkerry wrote: »
    Is that Kenmare CB19kevo

Killarney would be the closest..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lightening strikes getting closer to cork city. :)

wind blowing hard here in cork. prolonged gusts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

(Limerick) Cloudy overhead, with a heavy shower jsut passing through. Some very hefty gusts, rattling the house enough for me to feel it.

Planning on an excursion tomorrow to Lahinch for some photos of Aileen's if I can get a safe vantage point away from the cliff edge. I may have to wear my kayaking drytop/drypants/helkmet/BA to get there.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    lightening strikes getting closer to cork city. :)

it is howling something fierce outside now....rain been driven of the house by the wind...wouldn't like to be out in that!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Very heavy rain and stormy now in Cork City.

jaysus almighty, raining pretty damn hard here in cork city

last time i saw rain this heavy was last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Lashing rain here in Rathcormac, had one lightning strike nearby followed by a mahoosive clap of thunder. Hope there's more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

the wind is picking up in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Winds starting to pick up a little in Dublin 4, nothing exceptional though. I may take the dog down to have a look at the high tide in the morning though, loads of houses in Sandymount on the coast road have sand bags up just in case!

not sure if that flash was from my laptop or lightening. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Some nice strong gusts in Cork City now.

• Advertisement

RE the epic photo of the wave at Tramore, this popped up in my FB feed courtesy of Tramore Bin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Gusts woke me up! (Cork City)

Can't see that, says the content is not available right now etc...

i can try cut and paste?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Jesus H. Christ, what a mentalist. Very irresponsible though, it's clowns like that who put the coastguard in danger

heavy rain now in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very rough in cork city the last hour.
    Worse than previous 2 storms imo

i can try cut and paste?

saw it after I logged in :o What an idiot though, the comments underneath are spot on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Complete idiot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement