Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch & Coastal Flooding Events: January 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭bassy

Kicking off goodo here in north kk with wind and heavey rain pounding the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

On the sleepiness scale, this is the first blow Ive been awoken in. Very blowy in South KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Getting lashed out of it here in north meath at the minute, Rain is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

Worth keeping an eye on the webcam at Salthill. Waves just starting to show now and still a good 2 hours away from high tide.

http://www.seapointleisure.ie/index.php?page=webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Really wild in cork city at the moment. It goes from an eerie calm to pounding rain.

• Advertisement

Water getting onto the road now in Salthill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got a squall with some gale force wind near Limerick City about half hour ago. We are getting a near gale sustained wind but no severe gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Very windy here in Dublin all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Raining quite heavily as well, hopefully it claims down in next hour as I've to walk to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Got quite windy here in Sligo for a while but it's quiet again now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Some strong short gusts of wind, here in East meath. No rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,177 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Lost power for a short time last night in west cork, pretty stormy

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Lost power for a short time last night in west cork, pretty stormy

What site is that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Relatively quiet in Sligo, beaufort scale 5 with the occasional gust up to 6, not sustained, and for once it was mostly a tailwind for me:) Patches of rain, it stayed dry on my way in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

river in donegal town about a foot away from the top (near the methodist chapel if anyone knows the area) . high tide at 10:05am

not particularly windy here but some heavy squals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

river in donegal town about a foot away from the top (near the methodist chapel if anyone knows the area) . high tide at 10:05am

not particularly windy here but some heavy squals

Just about to head to the quay Ed. Will get pics of Methodist church too.

All the decent cams are down now. The La Hinch one has a maximum of 10 users before it reaches capacity. What use is that?!

From the last i saw, it looks like it's well short of last weeks levels. Which is a good thing i suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

It got readonsbly windy in West Limerick a couple of hours ago.

Nothing too crazy but enough to wake me up.

Nice and calm here now. Patchy cloud cover.

A bit disappointed that the spell of windy weather is coming to an end for now as it has made the Christmas period more interesting than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,177 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Kinsale Energy platform reporting a wave height of 35ft at 0800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Enniscrone cam if anyone is interested

http://myipstream.com/thelighthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When are the massive waves out in the Atlantic due to arrive at Irish shores???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Nasty looking shower approaching me from the South West. Very dark looking indeed. Wonder if any thunder potential today for West Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tactical wrote: »
    Nasty looking shower approaching me from the South West. Very dark looking indeed. Wonder if any thunder potential today for West Limerick.

There is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just looking at waves at the buoys and they don't match up with the forecasted wave heights so hopefully there won't be any significant coastal flooding.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Reports coming in now of flooding in Cork City centre in the usual low lying spots (South Terrace, South Mall, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The sea has came over the prom at Salthill again in the past hour, roads closed car parks flooded, the sea literlally rose up and came over the sea wall, we have had a lot of lightning during the night and this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

anyone know how this is looking to play out around Galway city? (college starts in an hours time in salthill :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

bitburger wrote: »
    anyone know how this is looking to play out around Galway city?

Wet and windy for most of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its after getting terrible dark in west Dublin:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement