Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coast walks in South East

Options
  • 29-12-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'd love to do some coastal walks, and have been looking to find some in the SE where I'm located but can't find anything. There's a short one to Hook Head, but ideally I'd like to do a few hours and have it looped. Can't find anything else for the entire region which you'd think would have great potential in that regard. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

There's the 'Wexford coastal path' Sli Charman, nominally from Rosslare to Wellington Bridge, though originally it was envisaged to run from Gorey to Ballyhack I think. There's a booklet for the above stretch. You might get a copy locally or I have a few at www.eastwestmapping.ie look under 'Other Publications'. The stretches from Rosslare towards St.Helen's and Carne and in the Kilmore Quay area are popular. However by their nature these are mostly linear walks, so you need to be prepared to return same way or by inland roads or make a car drop. Also walks at Dunmore East which are pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

This is one I have done a few times near Curracloe in Wexford

http://www.walkingroutes.ie/954-Raven-Point.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hop on a ferry to Wales ... there's a 1400km long one there :D

http://www.walescoastpath.gov.uk/default.aspx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Old post.............

Wicklow to Greystones seems to be about 18k give or take.
    Is it possible to coastal walk from Arklow to Wicklow and on to Greystones (get the Dart back into town).
    Would like to do a bit of coastal wild camping.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Planet X wrote: »
    Old post.............

Wicklow to Greystones seems to be about 18k give or take.
    Is it possible to coastal walk from Arklow to Wicklow and on to Greystones (get the Dart back into town).
    Would like to do a bit of coastal wild camping.
    Cheers.

Not really possible to get to Wicklow from Arklow, you could get as far as Jacks Hole, or Silver Strand, but from Wolf's rock to north of Wicklow head, you would need to use the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement