Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos.

• 29-12-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I'm having an issue with photos and am hoping someone can help.
    I'm running really low on space and have just discovered that my photos are using up a ton of space. I'm really confused though by what's there and I can't seem to get anywhere with a view to cleaning it out.
    I have 5 albums described as Camera Roll,Videos,Iphone Pics,My Pictures(28 from MyComputer) and Photostream(591 from MyComputer)
    Those last two has a mishmash of pictures from the pictures folder on my PC(which I used to sync my iphone),photos that have actually been deleted from my iphone and a mixture of all the folders. It's really bizarre.
    When I take a photo it goes into Camera Roll and there is a Trashcan icon there to delete it if I want. This is fine. All I want to be able to do is take a photo, delete it if I don't want to keep it and every so often save the photos that I have kept to an external hard disc drive or to Dropbox.
    I have Photostream turned off but can anyone please tell me how to delete the albums that have strangely appeared?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Probably the photo stream albums are not on your device but reflecting what was uploaded from the computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes I agree but I never wanted this to happen. How can I remove this album from my iphone?
    Probably the photo stream albums are not on your device but reflecting what was uploaded from the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

johnire wrote: »
    Yes I agree but I never wanted this to happen. How can I remove this album from my iphone?

They probably aren't using any space as you are just seeing what is in the cloud. Go into airplane mode and see if you can still see them. As for deleting them I don't use photo stream but as far as I know that is possible in iOS 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

OP:

Firstly can you give us some information ? And there is nothing 'bizarre' about the iOS. If you have stuff on the phone then you put it there at some stage.
    - What iOS ? What iPhone ?
    - You say you have PhotoStream turned of, yet you say you see PhotoStream in your photos app ? This is not possible.
    - When you open the "Photos" app, if you have PhotoStream turned off then you should only see two items at the bottom of the screen, "Photos" and Albums". There should be no PhotoStream album either.
    - Please go to settings/Photo&Camera and make sure PhotoStream is actually off.
    -Connect iPhone to iTunes and look at the bottom of the window where there is a coloured bar showing how much space is taken up by photos, apps, music etc. What are the numbers ?

Advertisement