Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap metal collector

Options
  • 29-12-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I'm looking for a reputable company that will collect an old, heavy range from my home in the North Cork area.

I'm not looking for cash for it at this point I just want it gone even if it means paying for the labour. It would need to be moved to the side of the house so it could be put on a trailer but if they have a decent trolley it shouldn't be a problem I think.

I called some scrap companies a while ago but the drivers just acted like it wasn't worth their time and never showed up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Don't think the recycling companies will remove anything other than a skip. I'd say do a Miley Cyrus on it with a sledge and call a reputable company (eg Cork Metal Co) for a small skip, make easy to carry bits of it and get shot of it.
    Ring them afterwards for the cheque in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Thanks for the advice. Might borrow a grinder from a friend of mine to break it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

As an alternative, unless it's totally burnt out and shagged (which they often are) maybe someone who likes old ranges may want it?
    Done Deal it and see if anyone bites?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Giving it holly

Hi.
    Is it a range that has a boiler in it?
    I'm a plumber in North cork. Have you it out yet?
    Pm me if not as i might be able to help

Advertisement