If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV choice

Options
  • 29-12-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently torn between 2 sets,

The first is a Sony kdl47805

And the panasonic txl47ft60

My head is wrecked reading reviews,
    Only just found this thread, so time to ask the experts,

Requirements

Passive 3d
    Sat tuner
    Terrestrial tuner
    Smart

Any views advice and quotes would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Phobia.

These are both excellent TV's and both are well worth a look.

The Panasonic has much more input lag than the Sony so if you are looking to this TV for gaming, then I would personally sway towards the Sony.

The Panasonic is actually a finished line for us and will not be coming back in again but if I was comparing the two, the Sony provides a much more detailed image and is more natural and while the Panasonic looks brighter and initially looks more impressive, over time, the Sony would be easier on the eye.

The Panasonic does have better motion processing than the Sony but the 400Hz on the Sony copes very well and the Sony Bravia engine is very good.

Our clearance price for last ones is £899.95 and this is for demo ones around the stores, but I suspect that to get hold of a new one would likely to be around £999.95 so there will be £200 of a difference between the two models and I personally couldn't justify the difference.

Check out the review at HDTVtest on the Sony.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl47w805a-201307043162.htm

I hope this helps but my curve ball just to finish, is that there is actually a better buy than both these two.

The LG 47LA790 is stunning. 800Hz processing, brilliant blacks and continues the passive 3D standard and the styling is beautiful. This is a dark horse that some people by-pass. We have it on demo in the shop and it's simply brilliant. This would be my first choice out of the 3.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/47la790w/lg-47la790w

Hope that helps or maybe I have just confused you by adding the LG !

Happy new year !

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.