Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog kennels Kildare/Leinster

• 29-12-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all

We are going away for a few days soon and wondering what todo with our little Pomeranian dog, she's approaching 2 years old.

We were thinking of kennels, can anyone recommend any good kennels near the Kildare area? And how much?
    Or do you perhaps have any other suggestions as to what we can do... As any dog lover would appreciate she's part of the family so just want to make sure she'll be safe and looked after :-)

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Hairy-Legs-Dog-Services/217305561666278?id=217305561666278&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FHairy-Legs-Dog-Services%2F217305561666278

Try this lady. She does home boarding and a lady I work with uses her all the time and finds her great. She's located in allenwood in Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Bob_dole wrote: »
    Hi all

We are going away for a few days soon and wondering what todo with our little Pomeranian dog, she's approaching 2 years old.

We were thinking of kennels, can anyone recommend any good kennels near the Kildare area? And how much?
    Or do you perhaps have any other suggestions as to what we can do... As any dog lover would appreciate she's part of the family so just want to make sure she'll be safe and looked after :-)

Many thanks in advance!

I have never used these as kennels but have used their dog swimming pool and find them great.
    http://www.caninecountryclub.ie/rates.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

I have sent you a PM because I've gotten "in trouble" for making this suggestion openly on the forum before - so learned my lesson that time and have sent you a PM of a wonderful wonderful service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Millem wrote: »
    I have never used these as kennels but have used their dog swimming pool and find them great.

I've heard a few horror stories about the kennels eg dogs being stolen

My friends use Best kennels all the time and swear by them. I've used them only once (sadly because I never get to go on hols lol :p) and my dog was well taken care of but I found the owner a bit grumpy/standoffish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

tk123 wrote: »
    I've heard a few horror stories about the kennels eg dogs being stolen
    Yeah 2 dogs were stolen from there last summer, I'd be afraid to use them.
    tk123 wrote: »
    My friends use Best kennels all the time and swear by them. I've used them only once (sadly because I never get to go on hols lol :p) and my dog was well taken care of but I found the owner a bit grumpy/standoffish.
    Declan is a grumpy man, but like you said the dogs are fantastically cared for. I'd describe him as "Great with dogs, sh!te with people" :D

Avoid Estuary kennels in Swords like the plague, we rent a field in the back of there and pass the kennels each weekend to go agility training, poor dogs :(

With 6 dogs I don't go anywhere without them, or it'd be taking out a second mortgage to pay for kenneling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

With 6 dogs I don't go anywhere without them, or it'd be taking out a second mortgage to pay for kenneling!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yeah 2 dogs were stolen from there last summer, I'd be afraid to use them.

Declan is a grumpy man, but like you said the dogs are fantastically cared for. I'd describe him as "Great with dogs, sh!te with people" :D

Avoid Estuary kennels in Swords like the plague, we rent a field in the back of there and pass the kennels each weekend to go agility training, poor dogs :(

As I said I never used the kennels we only rented the swimming pool and found the staff and set up amazing but it is a seperate building to kennels. The kennels I use are in crumlin
    http://www.peboardingkennels.ie

I find them great and I have dropped off at short notice and collected at short notice no problem and I never see any dogs stressed out. When I went to dspca there were a lot of dogs very stressed that they actually stuck up newspaper all over the glass so the dogs then couldn't see out. It is a kennels not a home boarding but dogs are safe. The man who owns it is such a lovely man (think he might be retired now as he was getting his son to take it over but he lives on the premises).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Millem wrote: »

Yes, two dogs were stolen from these kennels earlier this year, one of them belonged to my friend. The staff may be nice but the owner wasn't exactly helpful in trying to get them back even though the owners were very good not mentioning the kennels name in the media. Would not recommend using them at all as I understand security measures were not improved since. The CCTV that's advertised was not much use in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Wouldn't be recommending Canine Country Club after my auntie's experience - Mick (presuming he is the owner?) was a jerk! They won't be using CCC again.

Advertisement