Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Clean or Greenstar

Options
  • 29-12-2013 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Who is better and who is cheaper?currently with country clean paying €40 per month but if i can get a cheaper service i'd switch,the bins i havevare 360L Waste 360L Recycling & 240L Glass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    Who is better and who is cheaper?currently with country clean paying €40 per month but if i can get a cheaper service i'd switch,the bins i havevare 360L Waste 360L Recycling & 240L Glass

Country Clean website says €26-65 per month !
    It's what what I pay for standard bin size.
    3 bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

scudo2 wrote: »
    Country Clean website says €26-65 per month !
    It's what what I pay for standard bin size.
    3 bins.

Thats probably ex-vat or other charges i've never had it at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

26.65 is what I pay by DD a month to Country Clean in Ballincollig for the 3 large bins. Waste, recycling and bottles.

reic wrote: »
    26.65 is what I pay by DD a month to Country Clean in Ballincollig for the 3 large bins. Waste, recycling and bottles.

I started out on 3 x 240L bins and it was €27 but since i upgraded my bins naturally the cost went up,however i looked at downgrading and if i went back to what i had a few years back it would be approx. €33 they said,in which case i may switch provider

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've dealt with both of them in the past through both home and for work purposes. I've found the service much of a muchness so I'd be happy to go by price as long as your happy you don't end up running to the recycling centre because they won't take this or they charge you a fortune if there's additional something else of a week.

Look at Healy Blue Bins too.

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've dealt with both of them in the past through both home and for work purposes. I've found the service much of a muchness so I'd be happy to go by price as long as your happy you don't end up running to the recycling centre because they won't take this or they charge you a fortune if there's additional something else of a week.

Look at Healy Blue Bins too.

The list of waste providers is limited,fo healy blue bin do domestic?i thought it was commercial only???any word on these brown bins?i hear ads on the radio but suppliers aint supplying them,another extra charge in the wings now doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Wiser also do domestic collection. A few of my neighbours use them. Not sure of price though. Check their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I find that country clean are very good to match the price of their compeditors when you pay for 6 months at a time? Just ring around, get the prices and ask them to match. Saves the hassle of changing (which isnt that bad to be fair) and you still save €€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Ludo wrote: »
    Wiser also do domestic collection. A few of my neighbours use them. Not sure of price though. Check their website.

Been with wiser past 2 years. No problems with them.main reason for switching from greenstar was that wiser didnt have separate bin for recycling plus they allowed sign up for 6 months at a time

seefin wrote: »
    Been with wiser past 2 years. No problems with them.main reason for switching from greenstar was that wiser didnt have separate bin for recycling plus they allowed sign up for 6 months at a time

They have recycling and rubbish in 1 bin???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    They have recycling and rubbish in 1 bin???

Trust me to confuse! Nah they have 1 bin for refuse,one for recycling( glass can go in general recycling bin ).g Greenstar had 3 bins ,not sure if still the case as 2 years since switched. It was taking up space in the front of house, these minor details make all the difference!!

seefin wrote: »
    Trust me to confuse! Nah they have 1 bin for refuse,one for recycling( glass can go in general recycling bin ).g Greenstar had 3 bins ,not sure if still the case as 2 years since switched. It was taking up space in the front of house, these minor details make all the difference!!
    They all provide 3 bins except wiser AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

What do ye guys do with the old bins when switching provider? Can you still use the old bins under the new regime or does your previous provider have an obligation to come pick them up?

What do ye guys do with the old bins when switching provider? Can you still use the old bins under the new regime or does your previous provider have an obligation to come pick them up?

I dont know officially but i see plenty of abandoned bins about the place from previous providers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sometimes you have to purchase the bins as part of your contract. Sometimes they're complimentary or given on a HP basis when signing up for long contracts. There isn't one rule IME. Bins are often left behind after people move on and other times, they will just fall between the stools in some other way. If they're in the way, I don't think any provider will refuse to make attempts to pick up their own branded bins.

If you decide you want to switch, just look into who owns the bins you have and put your situation to the new provider. They probably will want you to take their coloured and branded bin but if you've already bought one elsewhere and wish to keep it, they will probably give you a couple of A1 sized stickers for it.

cantdecide wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to purchase the bins as part of your contract. Sometimes they're complimentary or given on a HP basis when signing up for long contracts. There isn't one rule IME. Bins are often left behind after people move on and other times, they will just fall between the stools in some other way. If they're in the way, I don't think any provider will refuse to make attempts to pick up their own branded bins.

If you decide you want to switch, just look into who owns the bins you have and put your situation to the new provider. They probably will want you to take their coloured and branded bin but if you've already bought one elsewhere and wish to keep it, they will probably give you a couple of A1 sized stickers for it.
    I hope if i ever switch they'll take their bins back,or they can be used in next years bonfire ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

We are paying €250 for a 240L recycling, 140L refuse and 140L glass bin with Greenstar and have no complaints really. Our renewal was up in August and Greenstar were charging €260 but I got a quote for €250 from Wiser and Greenstar matched it so it was just easier to stick with them. We got a letter about the new brown bins back in October but haven't heard a word about them since

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

i pay 22e with countryclean for 2 standard size bins

Boots234 wrote: »
    We are paying €250 for a 240L recycling, 140L refuse and 140L glass bin with Greenstar and have no complaints really. Our renewal was up in August and Greenstar were charging €260 but I got a quote for €250 from Wiser and Greenstar matched it so it was just easier to stick with them. We got a letter about the new brown bins back in October but haven't heard a word about them since

Came across a few country clean and greenstar bins today with wiser branding on them,any idea's why???seemed strange

celica00 wrote: »
    i pay 22e with countryclean for 2 standard size bins

€22 euro???they say FROM €26.50 per month though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

maybe they raised the prices? im with them since march this year and its still 22,60 I think. Not more than 23e anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Anyone else get supplied with their brown bins from Country Clean? I got mine last week. Not sure how hygienic they will be.

didn't get a brown bin but got a nice fat bill today from them,less than pleased,OP are you in the city or county???i'm on the northside and still waiting for the brown bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I'm city, got it last Wednesday.

angeline wrote: »
    I'm city, got it last Wednesday.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Anyone got one from Greenstar?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Hi, I'm in Blackpool with Greenstar, No brown bin as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Steve_hooo wrote: »
    Anyone got one from Greenstar?

The letter I got implied that I can request one ~ which I did not as I don't want it.

As to the OP: IMO, Greenstar are a better company to deal with, whilst being more expensive they have taken bags and boxes of rubbish as well as the bin whereas I see the former City Council workers with Country Clean leaving bin with the lid a centimeter open and passing bins entirely with additional bags on them ~ this practice may depend on the actual route or crews, but I've seen it in Mahon as well as Mayfield.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    The letter I got implied that I can request one ~ which I did not as I don't want it.

As to the OP: IMO, Greenstar are a better company to deal with, whilst being more expensive they have taken bags and boxes of rubbish as well as the bin whereas I see the former City Council workers with Country Clean leaving bin with the lid a centimeter open and passing bins entirely with additional bags on them ~ this practice may depend on the actual route or crews, but I've seen it in Mahon as well as Mayfield.

Cheers for that,i've a choice between arrogant country clean or bankrupt greenstar oh decisions decisions.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Red Nissan wrote: »

I remeber I've got a letter last summer announcing the new bin, but I don't recall I neded to request one.

I'm worried as now we are obliged to segregate the food waste.

Advertisement