Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Clean or Greenstar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

segregating waste food is only another government money spinner,waste food is compost eventually,but I haven't gotten a brown bin either

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I may sound environmentally unfriendly but I really don't want to use these brown bins at all. Can you imagine in the Summer, with food in these for two weeks, I'm thinking maggots, bluebottles, etc. You have to buy paper bags I think.

angeline wrote: »
    I may sound environmentally unfriendly but I really don't want to use these brown bins at all. Can you imagine in the Summer, with food in these for two weeks, I'm thinking maggots, bluebottles, etc. You have to buy paper bags I think.

Another money racket so

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Just checked and they put 20 brown bags in the bin. You reorder these from Country Clean.

angeline wrote: »
    Just checked and they put 20 brown bags in the bin. You reorder these from Country Clean.

Do they charge you for the brown bags each time you need replacements???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Does anyone what bins are being collected for countryclean this week in cork city. The calendar won't open for me

shawki wrote: »
    Does anyone what bins are being collected for countryclean this week in cork city. The calendar won't open for me
    recycling for me tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Anyone else with Greenstar having problems with them putting back the bins in the middle of the bloody driveway?

Anyone else with Greenstar having problems with them putting back the bins in the middle of the bloody driveway?

Country clean do that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Bins blocking the driveway was my one gripe with greenstar. But they haven't done it now in quite a while. Must be a new decent guy in our truck or something.
    Was a right pain in the ass having to get out a and move it before pulping into driveway. Almost left them over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

looks like we will all get this brown bin nonsense sooner or later
    n accordance with the regulatory impact assessment prepared for these regulations, the roll-out of the brown bin will be phased in over the following timetable:
    • 1st July 2013 for agglomerations > 25,000 persons;
    • 31st December 2013 for agglomerations > 20,000 persons;
    • 1st July 2014 for agglomerations > 10,000 persons;
    • 1st July 2015 for agglomerations > 1,500 persons, and
    • 1st July 2016 for agglomerations > 500 persons.

Source

Question I have do any companies collect this every week or are they all fortnightly?

looks like we will all get this brown bin nonsense sooner or later

Source

Question I have do any companies collect this every week or are they all fortnightly?

Most likely every fortnight like the rest i'd imagine

Country clean do the customer a disservice,i rang them up and its MY fault they never collected my bin which I presented! wtf?????????????????????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    Country clean do the customer a disservice,i rang them up and its MY fault they never collected my bin which I presented! wtf?????????????????????? :mad:

Country Clean are basically the old city and county council just privatized. To get competition one needs to go with other companies.

Country Clean have a near monopoly too and have the same arrogance as if they were in fact council authorities.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Country Clean are basically the old city and county council just privatized. To get competition one needs to go with other companies.

Country Clean have a near monopoly too and have the same arrogance as if they were in fact council authorities.
    In short i could not agree with you more!based on my experience of them you are 110% correct

Advertisement