Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance on new VV / VW device please

Options
  • 29-12-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

OK...back story is that my wife is NOT giving back my Provari anyday soon so I'm going to need a new VV / VW device.

Tempted with the iTaste VTR but I think it will cause issues with a Squape and will need modifying for a Kayfun.

Another Provari is the obvious choice but I may as well experience something different.

I like the look of the Dicodes Dani as it appears to be a bit smaller with an 18500 than the Provari. Linky here -->> http://www.shop.greek-mods.com/product_info.php?info=p347_dicodes-dani-m--basic--orange.html

I am open to any suggestions, thoughts, advice.

Thank you..and Happy New Year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Definitely the Dicodes but I'd get the "Extreme" version. I suppose if you know you'll never go past 15w you should save the €40.

Beautiful yoke, would love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Must admit the Dicodes is top of my list right now. Hard to justify the extra cash for the Extreme when I rarely wander past ten watts. I'm not into mad low ohms as I find my own sweet spot is around the 1-1.4 mark with the Kayfun...and a hint lower for the Squape for some reason that's beyond me.

It seems to satisfy my shiny cravings....and if you give it a couple of months no doubt I'll be selling it on cheap so keep your eyes open!

I'm going to ponder for a few days...so please lads, (and ladies) throw some suggestions to me.

Ionised wrote: »
    ...if you give it a couple of months no doubt I'll be selling it on cheap so keep your eyes open!

My plan is working!

Good to hear, hope it treats you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Any feedback on these from end users? Lovely looking devices.

There was a problem with the first batch (screwed up resistance readings that had wild variations which even depended on the wire you coiled with), all's fixed now and reviews are great.
    Not as accurate per setting as a ProVari but just as smooth of a vape if not smoother (800hz VS 200khz PWM) and capable of powering duals properly (the 20w setting hits 22-25w depending on resistance of coil).

And the yoke is fecking tiny. If only there were an aluminium version.

• Advertisement

Sounds great, 20+ watts would be interesting! Currently using a kick from fasttech set to 12W and its great but would live to see what more power would bring to the party. Kick 2 @ 15W was next on my list but 20W regulated must be mental.

20W regulated must be mental.

It's what I've been used to for the past 18 months besides my quasi-recent sojourn into mechs - 12 watts'd feel like tap water at this stage, unfortunately.

I fear I'm heading in the same direction.....ahh well.

BTW, what device are you using to get that 20+ watts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Is 20watts a dual coil thing? Would it fry a single coil?

A .32mm or bigger gauge microcoil would be okay I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

They definitely need more aluminium mods Grindle. I've love some 18650 and 18500 aluminum mech mod tubes. Small and light and powerful as hell fire.

Also when are these VW mod producers going to make the screen go horizontally rather than vertically? I love small lightweight mods if that isn't obvious enough already. I'm thinking need thing is going to be a Kayfun Nano on a 18500 Nemesis. That way you can just make the coil whatever ohm's you want and you don't have to worry about the extra size for the VW componentry. I think my days of VW are over.

Thats what Im using, .32mm and cotton, ,1.5ohm in a kayfun clone. 12W is nice but 15W seems a bit high.

Same as, 1.6-1.8 microcoil and cotton. Wasn't expecteding to enjoy 12W but it's great and I'm curious about going higher. Kick 2 would probably satisfy my curiosity without breaking the bank.

Same as, 1.6-1.8 microcoil and cotton. Wasn't expecteding to enjoy 12W but it's great and I'm curious about going higher. Kick 2 would probably satisfy my curiosity without breaking the bank.

Take out the kick and you'll soon find out :-)
    Actually no, you will have to drop your ohms!

I've tried .7 and 1.0 without kick and it wasn't as good, fresh battery etc. That was with silica though. Is sub ohm and cotton doable with getting massive kanthal wire. i.e. thicker than .32mm

I think alot has to do with the juice. Some juices work better with higher watts type a ting.

If my trident clone ever decides to turn up, I'll give dual microcoils at .7 or .8 a punt, should be about 20W-ish.

...what device are you using to get that 20+ watts?

Throathit's Twin 18650. He has this blurb on his UKV sales page saying it's got a 2.5A limit but it's closer to 5A - mine's ~4.7/4.8A so I was able to push 5.7v to a 1.2ohm dual-coil = 27w.
    Apparently he put the 2.5A blurb in to stop people pumping the higher volts into atties that couldn't handle it because he had people whinging about the mod killing them without doing their maths first.
    27w was a little too hot for me at the time but the last time I tried it I was using thinner wire = burning quicker. Should probably send it back to get fixed as I screwed the 510 up with the RSST's wonky sharp connector one day.
    It'd be hard to get used to it again as I've gotten used to mechs/gotten better mechs (clones, nothing fancy) & their teeny profile and vape so little that I only go through 1 battery a day - suits me grand but I do miss that kind of constant surge of power from a regulated device.
    StickyIcky wrote: »
    They definitely need more aluminium mods Grindle. I've love some 18650 and 18500 aluminum mech mod tubes. Small and light and powerful as hell fire.

Nemesis aluminium tubes exist now. Not sure how much lighter they make things but the Nemesis is handsome anyway. Might HAVE to get one of those tubes.
    If my trident clone ever decides to turn up, I'll give dual microcoils at .7 or .8 a punt, should be about 20W-ish.

Depending on what mod you're firing it with and what batteries but you're gonna be losing a few watts to the battery and the mod, 0.7ohm would be starting off at 21-ish and dwindling down to 15w... I suppose it'll be easy enough to take a wrap or two off each coil anyway though.

This is kind of almost on-topic (and remember we're supposed to be searching for Ionised's next devicodes Dani device) - anybody else notice that December 27th came and went with no news on the new Evolv devices that were being touted inc. DNA30?

I have been tempted with a dna20 device but the high price and very limited availability has almost ruled it out.

Stig's Nucleic DNA will be available in a couple of weeks?

I'd still get the Dani though, esp. if you're not gonna use the extra watts.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Nemesis aluminium tubes exist now. Not sure how much lighter they make things but the Nemesis is handsome anyway. Might HAVE to get one of those tubes.

What?! Where??! Must have one now. All I need is one of those and a Kayfun Nano mod and I'm fupping delighted.

edit: Grrr €25 for a fupping tube... and they're anodised.... dammit.

I know! And not a black one on site! All these Colours. Bleurgh.

Stig's Nucleic DNA will be available in a couple of weeks?

Linky?

They do have a black one but I'd prefered brush aluminum to match the original / clone.
    http://www.atmomixani.gr/images/stories/virtuemart/product/20131113_154814_f.jpg

I just want something good looking, light weight and powerful. Is that too fupping much to ask. All these mod builders wouldn't know a beautiful mod if I stuffed one full of explosives and throw it at their face. They just say "aww what was that?" nothing I'd say go back to making your fugly mods.

The GP Paps is nice. The Stig's Nucleic DNA looks nice. The Dicodes Dani looks nice my - my only gripes without knowing more is that I'm sure it could be a few ml shorter and perhaps a bit more brushing would have been nice. Does it have adjustable centre pin and battery connector pin like the Gp Paps and Chi You and stuff have? I find that's essential for getting a nice flush fit and no battery rattle.
    Linky?

I think here Ionised
    http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Nucleic-DNA?page=14

Pretty little mod. Pity it's on a "express an interest and I may make a few more at some point" basis.

The Dicodes Dani looks nice my - my only gripes without knowing more is that I'm sure it could be a few ml shorter and perhaps a bit more brushing would have been nice. Does it have adjustable centre pin and battery connector pin like the Gp Paps and Chi You and stuff have? I find that's essential for getting a nice flush fit and no battery rattle.

No to the centre-pin - it's fixed, not even floating. That is a bit shitty (but would add 1-2mm to the height).
    The bottom has a spring so battery rattle wouldn't be a problem.
    Not sure how they could've made a 20w+ module fit any smaller! 'tis only 2mm longer than the nemesis w/Kick and has a screen (ooh la la).
    You're getting as persnickety as m'self now! Woo!
    Pretty little mod. Pity it's on a "express an interest and I may make a few more at some point" basis.
    Ever the way with UKV modders, but DNA20's are either hard to come by or overpriced (sometimes vastly).

C'mon. Get it over with. Dicodes L or M? See, that's another huge choice in itself. 111mm VS 95mm. Toughie.
    My Chemesis in 18650 is 92mm, extra 3mm is dealable-with. Going past 100mm is some kind of psychological barrier I want to stay on the right side of from now on (apart from using the TH as an at-home machine).

Not sure how they could've made a 20w+ module fit any smaller! 'tis only 2mm longer than the nemesis w/Kick and has a screen (ooh la la).
    You're getting as persnickety as m'self now! Woo!

They could have made the screen horizontal that would have saved 3ml aplus they could have saved another 1 ml somewhere else I know it. Lazy buggers.

I just bought a nemesis clone + nem-1 hybrid kit (so you can screw a kayfun directly onto the nemesis by passing the aircontrol ring and top cap) saving a good 4 millimeters god damit! Was just about to buy a k-nano kit but they're all out of stock. Dammit. I really want this little bad boy. http://s12.postimg.org/y5qo94xyl/uhara2yd.jpg

I'll have to make do with it with a regular kayfun lite until the k-nanos are back in stock. Now that is tiny, and powerful. All I need now is more aluminium in that body and I'll also have light weight muhahahaha

I started writing a rant about this, stopped myself and deleted it all. It involved Todd, clones and **** the lot of them.

I just bought a nemesis clone + nem-1 hybrid kit (so you can screw a kayfun directly onto the nemesis by passing the aircontrol ring and top cap) saving a good 4 millimeters god damit!

I'll be whinging about the lack of adjustable pins on drippers now, that thing is daaaaaaycinnnnt. Would negate my pathetic want for a Valkyrie. And and and... The top cap & airflow is around 6.5mm... And and...
    With an 18500 and no top cap the Nemesis would only be 70.5mm!!! :eek:

SWOON

Advertisement