Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microadventures

Options
  • 29-12-2013 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

So its that time of year again when everyone sits down and complies a list of things that they swear they are going to do over the next 12 months, be it lose weight, learn Spanish or start that diet.

I'm trying to compile a list of 52 microadventures.

What is a microadventure
    Recently, the adventurer Alastair Humphreys has been running a campaign encouraging people to undertake what he calls “microadventures” – little adventures that typically happen after work or on the weekend, usually involve sleeping under the stars and often involve jumping into some water.

So suggestions please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Simple little ones but....

Climb a tree.
    Walk a stretch of shoreline and look for treasure.
    Take the 'scenic' route next time you walk somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

brought the family to the Hellfire club today , did the blue trail, showed the kids how to use walkie talkies, they loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jump in a mountain or walk in a lake:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

The County Tops could be a good way of getting you to half way in your goal of 52...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Great idea. Where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Short hike up towards conavala in Wicklow. Pitch a shelter and sit down to tea while watching the sunset on a clear summers evening. I done this with my wife after work last summer and it was great.

Advertisement