Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to find out my horses parents

Options
  • 29-12-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

i was just wondering if there is any way to trace my horses parents with just his name ? all i know about his past is that he was in germany for his first 8 years and was then brought over to dublin (he is 15 now) he also has a freeze brand which might help my search. im guessing he must have pretty good breeding if he was brought from germany but his parents where not recorded which i find strange. anyone able to help ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Hi Carefulnow,

Your freeze brand will probably help, but he was probably imported with a book? did you try checking with the previous Irish owner? does he have an affix - this would help to track his breeder. Is he micro-chipped? (was it done in Germany or in Ireland?)
    If you find out his breed, you could probably track the freeze-band to the breeder. There are some resources on the web, you could start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Horse_breeds_originating_in_Germany
    Good luck anyway
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carefulnow11

thanks isaos,
    i have checked with the previous owner but unfortunately they had no additional info. gonna try and track the freeze brand and see where that gets me.
    thanks for the help :)

Advertisement