Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a midi sleeper, any advice?

Options
  • 29-12-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, looking at getting a midi sleeper for our 7 year old. We need somewhere where we can stash toys and have a little quiet den for him too.

Has anyone got any opinions on the IKEA one (€150 with no mattress) It is flimsy or sturdy enough and safety is a factor as little man does have the odd night terror and goes walkabout.

Budget is a factor, we have seen some lovely ones, but anything over €400 is just too much really.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

We have the ikea one, set up flipped as a low bed with the frame over it, if that makes sense?
    It's very sturdy. I'm hefty and end up sleeping in it quite regularly along with the toddler and it's fine for the two of us.
    The 'mattress' we got with it initially was the very thin one, but it's awful, it's a piece of foam basically, so we got a proper mattress a few months later and it's perfect.
    I'm not sure how the mattress will work out when we flip the bed to a midi though.
    Worth keeping in mind that the ikea beds are 6 foot 6 inches long, rather than 6 foot, which means it is easier to get mattress & sheets in ikea too.
    It's a lovely bed anyway, I'm delighted with it. And it wasn't too difficult to assemble :)

Advertisement