Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fernox V kamco

• 29-12-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭

I'm strongly thinking of purchasing a new flushing machine in the new year. I'm torn between the fernox mk3 or kamco cf90 quantum2.
    I've always had it in my head to get the fernox machine, but since reading the stats on the kamco machine it looks like a proper beast.
    I've heard nothing but good things about the fernox machine. Has anybody the kamco unit or experience using both??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Kamco were the original and the best, practically invented the flushing machine, they will also give you a free 1/2 day course with it, if you fancy travelling to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

DGOBS wrote: »
    Kamco were the original and the best, practically invented the flushing machine, they will also give you a free 1/2 day course with it, if you fancy travelling to them!

Ah I'll pass on the training course. Shane did a good job teaching me in Metac!!
    Any idea on prices??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Have a word with Sparkpea. He has the Kamco.

shane0007 wrote: »
    Have a word with Sparkpea. He has the Kamco.

If both machine were put in front of you for free Shane which would you choose ?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If both machine were put in front of you for free Shane which would you choose ?

I honestly don't know because I have never used the Kamco not even seen one in person, so it would be unfair of me to say one is better over the other.

I have only heard good things about the Kamco so I might go for that one to try it out and seeing that it's your money & not mine, well... Hmmmm.....

• Advertisement

shane0007 wrote: »
    I honestly don't know because I have never used the Kamco not even seen one in person, so it would be unfair of me to say one is better over the other.

I have only heard good things about the Kamco so I might go for that one to try it out and seeing that it's your money & not mine, well... Hmmmm.....

How much approx for the fernox mkIII?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Hey guy,

I have the fernox powerflow bout 4/5 years now quit happy only thing is its only 600watts and I always seem to struggle with the furthers double...have bought the kamco magnet flushfilter, which has increased the efficency and speed of flush.

My points would be compare like for like what I do is print both spec to get a good look.

Things to look for (theres probley more but)

Pump velocities
    Weight
    Type of tubing
    Coupling connectors
    Ease of transport.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How much approx for the fernox mkIII?

MkIII €1,100 incl vat plus a few freebies

Fernox MkII & MkIII have 1,100 watt motors

esox28 wrote: »
    Hey guy,

I have the fernox powerflow bout 4/5 years now quit happy only thing is its only 600watts and I always seem to struggle with the furthers double...have bought the kamco magnet flushfilter, which has increased the efficency and speed of flush.

My points would be compare like for like what I do is print both spec to get a good look.

Things to look for (theres probley more but)

Pump velocities
    Weight
    Type of tubing
    Coupling connectors
    Ease of transport.

That's the thing they never print like for like on their data sheets
    Only major difference I can see is that the cf90 can pump 125l/m compared to 90l/m for fernox. Both though are more than I'd ever need
    As for weight it wouldn't bother me
    I'd imagine the tubing should be of good quality for both
    And no matter what machine I get I'd be changing the couplings to the camlock types I just bought.
    The kamco would probably fit better in my already full van as it's similar in shape to the machine I have already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

I like the transport aspect of kamco, looks the job 'sack truck' great for steps.

Weight bothers me I need to get another 30 years work outa this back, lol.

• Advertisement

esox28 wrote: »
    I like the transport aspect of kamco, looks the job 'sack truck' great for steps.

Weight bothers me I need to get another 30 years work outa this back, lol.

As long as it's not 70-80 kilo I don't mind. Although my back is ****ed already

Advertisement