Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromecast not working

• 29-12-2013 8:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was working fine yesterday.

Went to watch some netflix but when i turn the chrome cast on only an image is displayed. No time. No photographer credits. Just the same image

I tired to log on to the chromecast network and I cant. I get the following:

We canʼt seem to connect to “Chromecast2942.” Make sure your Chromecast is powered on and nearby and that you are not on VPN.

I'm not on a vpn

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

godtabh wrote: »
    Was working fine yesterday.

Went to watch some netflix but when i turn the chrome cast on only an image is displayed. No time. No photographer credits. Just the same image

I tired to log on to the chromecast network and I cant. I get the following:

I'm not on a vpn

Any ideas?

If I was to hazard a guess your router wifi channel is probably set to auto and it is now broadcasting on Channel 12 or 13. The chromecast can't see them so you will need to set it to a channel between 1 and 11

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

thanks. will have look at that now

Advertisement