Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarien Pesto

Options
  • 29-12-2013 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Where is everyone sourcing there pesto. I used to get it in M and S. But they no longer seem to stock it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sacla organic pesto is suitable for vegetarians. I've seen it in Tesco. http://www.sacla.co.uk/products/pesto/organic-basil-pesto

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

+1 for the Salca organic pesto. Also I found with a few pesto brands their green pesto may not be vegetarian friendly but their red pesto might be. No idea why though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's very easy and fast to make your own, some nuts oil and basil blended up. Girlfriend makes an amazing one: walnuts, oil, basil, lemon, salt.
    You can make a lot and freeze some as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Also I found with a few pesto brands their green pesto may not be vegetarian friendly but their red pesto might be. No idea why though
    I think that's because the green pesto generally contains Parmesan (which isn't suitable for vegetarians as rennet is used in its production).

The Meridian green pesto is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, but you'd probably need to go to a health food store for that.

And as mentioned above, homemade pesto is easy to prepare and delicious if you are prepared to give it a bash. My favourite includes sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic. YUM :D

Advertisement