Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny - New Years Eve

Options
  • 29-12-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations for New Years Eve. Heading to Kilkenny with four of my friends, we're females in our late 30's and would like somewhere lively but not really really young.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

The Set theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you like Kerbdog that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Whiteflag12

Thanks for suggestions, never heard of either but will check them out. A guy from work recommended Matt the miller pub.... Do u know if its any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Kerbdog are a 90's grunge band from Kilkenny and still have a big following here. You may know their singer Cormac Battle from 2FM. They are playing Set Theatre NYE so it won't be a typical night there.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

The Left Bank is a good spot, not too young (avoid the top floor, the club part is a bit young). Massive heated smoking area with its own bar, if any of you smoke...good for mingling ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks Ladybetty , I'd heard about the Left Bank alright.....Mingling will be on the cards;-) would that be better than Matt the Millers?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Kerbdog wont be a quite affair, so avoid if you're not into the music tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Id stay well clear of Matt the Millers tbh. Left bank is probably your best bet.

Yes the Left Bank is the best option for a girls' night out, lots of drinking, dancing & mingling!

Would actually say to avoid Matt the Millers, Langtons, any of those, just much younger age groups.

When Left Bank is finished for the night you can head across the road to Morrissons, go downstairs to the club, it's squashy & hot (gets v packed) but the dancing continues for another while.

Have a good night!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies, great help :-) Kilkenny here we come !!!

Well Kilkenny didn't disappoint, great place for a break, the locals were so nice. Can't wait to go back!

As a blow-in who married a local I have to say, Kilkenny is not a bad spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Well Kilkenny didn't disappoint, great place for a break, the locals were so nice. Can't wait to go back!

Where did you end up going Whiteflag?

Started off in Matt the millers, then left bank then morrisons (way too young!) and finished up in our residents bar. Great night, needless to say I swore I wd never drink again the next day!!! Looking forward to our next visit!!!

Advertisement