Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent butchers

Options
  • 29-12-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I thought it might be a good idea to mention butchers that you feel go the extra mile, in terms of the quality of the meat that they sell and the service that they provide. It's no good complaining about mass-produced meat in supermarkets if we don't support local Irish businesses who are doing it right.

I've been consistently impressed by Tom Doherty in Kells, Co. Meath. Fantastic fresh blood black pudding and properly hung beef. He is happy to cut meat any way you ask for it.

Nolan's in Kilcullen is excellent as well; a spotless shop with a great range of products and knowledgable and helpful staff.

Direct from the farmer: www.millhouseanimalfarm.com and www.kilkennyfreerange.com

I'd love to hear of other meat suppliers who are doing a great job.

Advertisement