Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand bookshop?

Options
  • 29-12-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Are there any of these in Sligo town? Or charity shops with a wide selection (not just romance)? I'm mostly looking to read up on modern classics but can't afford to buy them new, and am not a fan of ebooks, so I was hoping to get them second hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Up The Bare Stairs

The Bookmart on the Mall has a great selection of 2nd hand books, across most genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Enable Ireland-the charity shop for Cerebral Palsy-in Wine St Car Park has great value second hand books.

quote="The House Of Wolves;88210399"]Are there any of these in Sligo town? Or charity shops with a wide selection (not just romance)? I'm mostly looking to read up on modern classics but can't afford to buy them new, and am not a fan of ebooks, so I was hoping to get them second hand.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Liber has a good section on classics - some at very reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

What about the library? If they don't have the books you are looking for you can order them from other libraries through borrowbooks.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Heaps in Essential Seconds in Wine St. Car park too, and a fairly diverse selection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

@ Aliskimo-cake. Whats that "Lock-Inn" thing you mod?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

PM sent, don't want to drag thread off-topic :)

Advertisement