Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

putting photos on laptop from phone

• 29-12-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I took a load of photos in America recently but for some reason when I try to import them onto my laptop from the Samsung galaxy s2 they wont import. all photos taken before and after that holiday import. I don't know if this is the right forum for this but I really hope someone can help me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I took a load of photos in America recently but for some reason when I try to import them onto my laptop from the Samsung galaxy s2 they wont import. all photos taken before and after that holiday import. I don't know if this is the right forum for this but I really hope someone can help me

Are you using a software suite that came with the galaxy or just copying from a windows folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Use dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Use dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

It looks like the photos are on the laptop but when I try to open it a message says photo gallery cant open this as the file is empty - I don't know what dropbox is. I just connect the phone to the laptop and it asks me do I want to transfer photos and I usually say yes and it just happens from there but not these photos

It looks like the photos are on the laptop but when I try to open it a message says photo gallery cant open this as the file is empty - I don't know what dropbox is. I just connect the phone to the laptop and it asks me do I want to transfer photos and I usually say yes and it just happens from there but not these photos

When the dialog box pops up does it give you the option to open a folder? If so go the dcim folder on your phone. Your pics should be in there. If you can see them try a. copy and paste on one of the problem pics and see does that work

• Advertisement

No option to open a folder - sorry im really challenged here

OK, just download the Google drive app and upload the photos to that. You can then download to any other pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Any option of SD card adapter into laptop? Or there may be an option on the S2 to choose what to do when you plug it into PC, e.g. show as a drive in Win Explorer

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded drop box and they went in there ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Create a flickr account. Its great for backing up photos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement