Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aherlow house hotel

Options
  • 29-12-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

we had a family reunion there on christmas day, we were booked in for dinner at 2.30pm, as there was a mulled wine reception at 2.00pm we were told to arrive early, when we arrived we were asked for the price of the meal, to be paid for immediatly, the mulled wine reception never took place, a precurser to things to come, we were called to dinner at 2.45 for the 2.30 pm dinner, we were lead downstairs to the ballroom, it was cold draughty and packed, not too many to wait on tables, at 3.15 i ordered a drink from a waiter, ten minutes later he came back asking me for the price of it, i was then served, the kids were not given any food or drink until after 4.00pm, as were we, it was a quarter to six before we could leave the dineing hall, the food was cold, it was of not good quality, no milk sugar or tea spoons, also no salt or pepper, no ketchup for the kids, lastly no christmas feel about the place, which had the bar manager trying to be the banqueting manager, at €75 a head for adults and €35 for the kids it was a rip off of the highest order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Thats shockingly bad service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

awful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh jeez

How many people in the dining room as a matter of interest i.e. was it busy (just wondering)

Have you complained to the hotel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I just took a look at them on Tripadvisor. You're far from the only person to have had a dismal experience. Cut & paste responses from their 'customer service' personnel do little to inspire either. Thanks for the information but what a shame it ruined your Christmas Day.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I just took a look at them on Tripadvisor. You're far from the only person to have had a dismal experience. Cut & paste responses from their 'customer service' personnel do little to inspire either. Thanks for the information but what a shame it ruined your Christmas Day.

Yes, initially I thought it was "mixed" 50/50. (not a great place to be!)

It's not, it's more 65 bad, 35 good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

amdublin wrote: »
    Yes, initially I thought it was "mixed" 50/50. (not a great place to be!)

It's not, it's more 65 bad, 35 good.

Exactly. Added to which I'm usually a little sceptical of overly enthusiastic reviews for any place, particularly when the poster has few previous reviews. Some of the 5* reviews for Aherlow seem to have had a remarkably different experience to others. It's puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

Amazing how easy it is to spot a fake review on Tripadvisor...

Advertisement