Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Gameboy Micro, anniversary edition

Options
  • 30-12-2013 9:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm raising next gen money by selling my GB Micro.

It's an iQue model, meaning it's made for the Chinese market.
    And it's the 20th anniversary model, sporting the Famicom colours.
    Oddly it also has the rather rare controller II faceplate, no controller I faceplate though.
    The controller II faceplate was only available through Club Nintendo for a short spell.
    No boxes though :(

If it was a the typical Famicom model without a box I'd say it'd be worth around €140 but the added faceplate and the fact it's the iQue model makes me think it might be worth a good deal more.

So I'm looking for €250 for this bad boy, USB charger included.

I considered putting it on Adverts but it's so much half dealing with the inevitable low ball offers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is a really interesting item and I cannot find any info about it at all.

Is the bottom plate Famicom styled too?

I thought it might be a standard Chinese GBA Micro iQue which someone had put the Nintendo store Famicom PII faceplate on - if the bottom is Famicom styled too though that would mean it came out of the factory like that.

If so, then I'd create a thread on assemblergame's 'rare and obscure gaming' forum to see if anyone has any info on it.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-Rare-and-Obscure-Gaming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The lower part is the iQue Micro 20th anniversary, all straight, right and proper.
    I had a look at iQue devices on Google and seems they have made some pretty nice variants over the years, particularly limited editions.
    That said, while the DS and DSlite were compatible with the rest of the world, there were a small series of Chinese only titles that wouldn't work on any other region, to do with the Chinese character set.
    If you happen to buy an iQue 3DS or XL you can buy some fantastic designs but they are region locked to only Chinese games meaning only a handful of titles, no Jap, EU or US games for you.
    But the Micro I have seems legit and works with everything I have thrown at it.
    The combination of the iQue branding, the Anniversary model and the extremely rare faceplate should push the price up a tad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feel free to make an offer guys, if it floats your boat.

Right, did some research and modified the price.
    Its €250.
    Or I'll offer it with cash for an Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd stick that up for sale over on Assembler, doubt you'll get a hit here and some of the guys over there seemed interested. Your thread had 240 views :)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd stick that up for sale over on Assembler, doubt you'll get a hit here and some of the guys over there seemed interested. Your thread had 240 views :)

Hmmm
    Thanks for that!

Pox, I have no where near the required posts to sell there.
    Bugger!
    Might try over on J+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'd be interested for sure - I have a boxed US Famicom edition one but I'm intrigued by the iQue variant, wasn't aware it existed. However I've no idea what it's worth really and therefore no idea of what a reasonable offer for both of us would be :)

ghostchant wrote: »
    I'd be interested for sure - I have a boxed US Famicom edition one but I'm intrigued by the iQue variant, wasn't aware it existed. However I've no idea what it's worth really and therefore no idea of what a reasonable offer for both of us would be :)

Well, I'd be much happier to see it go to someone local.
    Have a think.
    I don't think the price I put up there is too far off.
    But have a look about and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Cheers for that, I think I'll pass on it, seems to be generating enough interest on assembler to make selling it on relatively easy hopefully!

ghostchant wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I think I'll pass on it, seems to be generating enough interest on assembler to make selling it on relatively easy hopefully!

No worries.
    Sadly I can't list it on Assembler as I don't have the post count :(
    Stuck it on Adverts.ie so we'll see how we get on.

• Advertisement

Just to say, I'd happily exchange this for a 3DS:XL or a 2DS with a game, say the new Zelda.
    Just throwing it out there....

Price drop to €150 for locals.

Popped this back up due to car trouble.
    I'll take €100 for it from folk here, that's underpricing it a bit at that.
    No posting or Paypal, happy to arrange a meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

This is such a tease without pics!!!

Edit: just saw them on adverts, i'd embed them here if i wasnt on a tablet.

I'm at work and can't link them, this seems as popular as a fart in a spacesuit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm at work and can't link them, this seems as popular as a fart in a spacesuit anyway.

I am tempted, but broke :(

I am tempted, but broke :(
    Pm me and we can work out a payment plan....
    Or at least a date by which you'll pay and I won't have to cut your DDR career brutally, and violently, short....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you still have it by the end of the month I'll let you know. I might have a monetary bonus coming to me then.

Anyone want to take a punt on this, a Turbo Express has come up and I need the readies!
    €90 only to regulars here, everyone else pays €100!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement