Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobster in cork - where to get?

Options
  • 30-12-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Just wondering have any of you guys seen lobster around. Do aldi and lidl have the frozen ones? Want to get one for a news years dinner. I tried last year in the english market, but unsurprisingly they were all gone. Just fancy something different for a starter.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

murphym7 wrote: »
    Just wondering have any of you guys seen lobster around. Do aldi and lidl have the frozen ones? Want to get one for a news years dinner. I tried last year in the english market, but unsurprisingly they were all gone. Just fancy something different for a starter.

English market is really the spot. Just get there early I guess

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

horgan_p wrote: »
    English market is really the spot. Just get there early I guess

There's a fish shop in Douglas court that have them afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was just going to say the Fish shop in Douglas, Good Fish Company..They are also in Ballincollig might be worth ringing them safe you running around between their stores http://www.goodfish.ie/contact/

Lidl used to do them cant say we were impressed though, we got the whole one but it was a bit wastefull the tails are suppose to be better value.

Another one you could chance but ring first Ballycotton sea food the have an outlet shop down by Garryvoe beach http://www.ballycottonseafood.ie/contact-us/

Now there you go.. Enjoy hope you manage to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Goode fish in carrigaline probably have live ones.

I've bought frozen ones from both lidl and tesco

Advertisement