Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my account

Options
  • 30-12-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

I want to cancel my account, after a hold time of over 10 mins I can no longer stay on to wait for someone.  My account was cancelled by yourselves earlier in Dec but lo and behold you have sent me a bill - which I won't be paying, who pays for a line that does not exist. Once and for all please cancel account number <snip>. I no longer require services. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Eircom are an absolute joke when it comes to cancelling accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

eviltwin wrote: »
    I want to cancel my account, after a hold time of over 10 mins I can no longer stay on to wait for someone.  My account was cancelled by yourselves earlier in Dec but lo and behold you have sent me a bill - which I won't be paying, who pays for a line that does not exist. Once and for all please cancel account number <snip>. I no longer require services. 
    Hi eviltwin
    I can find no post to us earlier in Dec asking to cancel your a/c. This is not something we can do from the forum. In order to cancel your account you do have to call 1901 and this will be processed for you.
    I did not see any request to cancel your account.

I would advise removing your account number from your post as part of a secure best practice..

Sorry we cannot do more on this here, but there is a strict process around cancellation of accounts and payments.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hi eviltwin
    I can find no post to us earlier in Dec asking to cancel your a/c. This is not something we can do from the forum. In order to cancel your account you do have to call 1901 and this will be processed for you.

I would advise removing your account number from your post as part of a secure best practice..

Sorry we cannot do more on this here, but there is a strict process around cancellation of accounts and payments.
    Tony
    I didn't cancel the account, Eircom did, I received a letter dated 6th Dec informing me of same.  I am wondering why I am being billed for a service that no longer exists? I would phone bit I have tried to do so today already and cannot wait ten mins to talk to an agent. Is there an email or other means of contact besides the 1901 number.

Hi eviltwin

Tony
    I didn't cancel the account, Eircom did, I received a letter dated 6th Dec informing me of same.  I am wondering why I am being billed for a service that no longer exists? I would phone bit I have tried to do so today already and cannot wait ten mins to talk to an agent. Is there an email or other means of contact besides the 1901 number.
    Hi eviltwin
    Your account was cancelled due to outstanding balance. If you do want to close your account you do have to call that number, but outstanding monies will have to be cleared.
    Tony

Tony I will not be paying money for a service that Eircom cut, I also refuse to hold for 15 mins in order to speak to someone only to be told you call centre is not open today.  Could that not have been put at the start of the call and saved me some money?  I am posting here to bypass that.  Can you please advise me of the email to formalise the cancellation.  

• Advertisement

Tony I will not be paying money for a service that Eircom cut, I also refuse to hold for 15 mins in order to speak to someone only to be told you call centre is not open today.  Could that not have been put at the start of the call and saved me some money?  I am posting here to bypass that.  Can you please advise me of the email to formalise the cancellation.  
    Hi eviltwin
    I am afraid that you do have to make the call to 1901, if you just email and do not call the process will not complete and there will be further delays.
    My apologies again, but that is the process.
    Tony

Hi eviltwin
    I am afraid that you do have to make the call to 1901, if you just email and do not call the process will not complete and there will be further delays.
    Tony
    fine....when is the office reopening? 

Hi eviltwin
    Tony
    fine....when is the office reopening? 
    Hi eviltwin
    1901 is open at the moment, I have just called through to them though there is at least a five minute wait time. Once you have spoken with them and have reported your desire to close account, PM me and I will follow up and make sure this is being processed smoothly for you.
    Tony

Advertisement