Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClockTower address?

Options
  • 30-12-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What's the address for ClockTower, The Quay, Waterford city?
    I cant find exact location on google maps. Is it on Merchant's quay?
    I am supposed to take JJ Kavanagh bus from there.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

well its just at the end of the barronstrand street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its across from AIB, the quay Waterford, put that in.

If you are going to Dublin, I'd day you should be on the bank side of the road. You can also get it at the CTi on parnell st.

Hi,

What's the address for ClockTower, The Quay, Waterford city?
    I cant find exact location on google maps. Is it on Merchant's quay?
    I am supposed to take JJ Kavanagh bus from there.

Thanks everyone!

actually its on Meaghers Quay http://www.waterfordtourism.com/waterford-city-map.htm This link might help you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its about half way along the quays, on the river side, once you are on the quays you can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yet another great help from all of you people in Waterford. I am happy to move in Waterford :)

I can see it now on google maps (it's on Meaghers Quay).

I am coming from Dublin by bus to Waterford (Parnell st.) and then I will take bus from Clocktower to Waterford Regional hospital.
    Or anyone else can suggest another better bus route to reach regional hospital from Parnell street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No need to walk to the Quay, one of the buses that goes to the hospital stops at the bus stop on Parnell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

AdMMM wrote: »
    No need to walk to the Quay, one of the buses that goes to the hospital stops at the bus stop on Parnell St.

They changed the bus numbers but i think its 605 and it drives straight into the hospital!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Doesn't the bus from Dublin stop at the bus station/ clock tower (depending on which it is)?

pretty sure theres a bus eireann bus that goes from the clock tower to the hospital also.

JJ kavanagh coming from Dublin is going to stop at Parnell streeet in Waterford.
    They told me they have their local bus service available in Waterford and I can take their local bus from Clocktower and it will take me to the hospital.

But as you guys suggested now, i will take the bus which goes from Parnell street so i dont need to walk till the clocktower.
    Any idea how much the bus cost for a return journey?
    looksee wrote: »
    Doesn't the bus from Dublin stop at the bus station/ clock tower (depending on which it is)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What time are you due at Parnell Street?

11.50 AM.
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    What time are you due at Parnell Street?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

11.50 AM.

Tomorrow is it?

no, on thursday.
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

But as you guys suggested now, i will take the bus which goes from Parnell street so i dont need to walk till the clocktower.
    Any idea how much the bus cost for a return journey?

Cost is €1.90 for a single, dont know if you can get a return ticket.

Bus number can be, 605, 05 their both the same, but more likely to be just 05

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

I might suggest getting the train as there is a special offer of fares for 9.99euro at the minute for one way between Dublin and Waterford! Save the bus fare and spend on a taxi to the hospital! Are u starting work in WRH as a doctor by any chance if you don't mind me asking!?

Yes I am going to work as a doctor in WRH.
    I checked the train schedule. The timings for return ticket to Dublin is not appropriate for me and coat 16€ for way back.

Not sure if this is to late but get of the kavanaghs bus as far as the bridge hotel, the first place the bus stops after the bridge into Waterford.

You can then get the kenealleys bus from the same spot to the hospital. This bus goes every 20 mins, or every hours after 6 pm. Its a white single Decker bus. It days Waterford city service on it.

It says the Kavanagh bus will stop at St. John Parnell street.
    So can I take the Kenealleys bus service from Parnell street which goes towards hospital?
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is to late but get of the kavanaghs bus as far as the bridge hotel, the first place the bus stops after the bridge into Waterford.

You can then get the kenealleys bus from the same spot to the hospital. This bus goes every 20 mins, or every hours after 6 pm. Its a white single Decker bus. It days Waterford city service on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

It says the Kavanagh bus will stop at St. John Parnell street.

That is the central bus station if you like for Kavanagh's, but as wmpdd3
    says it must stop opposite the Bridge Hotel, this would make sense as bus and rail stations are nearby. She will confirm this for you.

So can I take the Kenealleys bus service from Parnell street which goes towards hospital?

No... cause Kenealleys doesnt go up that way, it turns left at the Tower hotel and goes straight up to the Hospital and dunmore road etc.

• Advertisement

Just to really make things confusing, the kenelleys bus I mentioned says kavanaghs on the side as it is the same bus company. :)

The easiest way to do your trip is to get off at the bridge hotel instead of Parnell st, as you won't have to move to get your connection to the hospital.

Everything is clear now.
    Thank you & a very happy new year 😊😀

Advertisement