Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion on this dog food

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

There is a whole thread on Skinners if you scroll down you will find it. I use it and find it great and it good value too and a few other Boardies would be in agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Ingredients
    Maize, Salmon Meal (14%), Potato (14%), Meat Meal, Barley, Rice, Poultry Fat, Digest, Linseed, Beef Pulp, Minerals, Kelp (0.2%), Yeast (0.1%), Citrus Extract (0.04%), Yucca Extract (0.01%)

Not overly impressed to be honest. Maize is the first ingredient, meaning its the main ingredient in the food. What is 'meat meal' as well, as in what meat? I wouldn't feed anything with unknown ingredients in it. Seems to be very low meat content which will mean feeding more and more poo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Here's a review of Harrington's... They seem happy to say it's a reasonable mid-range food, but it is not, as advertised, a premium food:

http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0019/harringtons-complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Sorry Falabo misread your post. If you are finding Skinners a bit expensive at the moment I would try and stretch it out by using less and adding rice, potatoes, cheap meat or veg and some table scraps and so on rather than changing to a lesser quality food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

falabo wrote: »
    hi all, I am looking at changing my dogs food, they used to be on james Wellbeloved, very good dry food but them stumbled accross SKINERS wich is good too at a fraction of the price

Skinners sis till available but it went up 30% recently, although still decent value.

Now I'm seeing this food and it's quiet cheap. ingredients seem to be ok but I#d love if you could share your opinions on this product, especially the Maize ingredient

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harringtons-Complete-Rich-Salmon-Potato/dp/product-description/B00A689BFQ/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=340840031&s=pet-supplies

Thanks !

Is this food not more expensive or maybe even same price as skinners as bag is only 12kg.
    If it is not vat free I make it as coming in at over £29 per 15kg with 5% discount for subscribe and save
    Skinners is vat free so price won't change upon delivery to Ireland.
    Skinners salmon is £26.93 and duck £27.58 with 10% subscribe and save discount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd look at Markus Muhle; it's a really good pet food (4.5/5) at a very good price that's actually meat first and cold pressed rather then cooked (feed less as more nutrition is retained) and should work on at about the same price or cheaper once you figure in serving size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Nody wrote: »
    I'd look at Markus Muhle; it's a really good pet food (4.5/5) at a very good price that's actually meat first and cold pressed rather then cooked (feed less as more nutrition is retained) and should work on at about the same price or cheaper once you figure in serving size.

If you order it from www.zooplus.de you will save €10 on two bags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nody wrote: »

Thanks for the tip. That looks like a very good food for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I have started using Markus Muhle NaturHah and so far I am very happy with it (as is my doberman and Yorkshire terrier) I think the price is great. When I seen the size of the 15kg bags I thought they had sent the wrong size as it looked small,but when you go to lift it you know its 15kg. Very heavy for the size. Need to report back after a few more weeks and see how well the boys get on with it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I have started using Markus Muhle NaturHah and so far I am very happy with it (as is my doberman and Yorkshire terrier) I think the price is great. When I seen the size of the 15kg bags I thought they had sent the wrong size as it looked small,but when you go to lift it you know its 15kg. Very heavy for the size. Need to report back after a few more weeks and see how well the boys get on with it.:D

Well now its a few months on Markus Muhle and the two dog are looking really well and I am not having any problems only I feel they are getting a bit tired with it. I have a German Shepard who is on Petro gold for a long list of reasons and if the other two get a chance they would rather eat the pedro gold than the Markus Muhle. I will just have to keep an eye on them. But I have to say for price and quality the MM is hard to beat!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement