Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place To Buy A Suit In Kilkenny

Options
  • 30-12-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations when it comes to buying a man's suit in Kilkenny? Have never bought one here before and am just wondering what people's thoughts are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Suits impeccably tailored to suit you, from Baumler, Dax and Magee.

YES.

Frank Wall suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Suits impeccably tailored to suit you, from Baumler, Dax and Magee.

YES.

Frank Wall suits you best.

:) i just got a 20 year flashback to the regent cinema...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Pauls of high street also have a large range of suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Pauls of high street also have a large range of suits.

If you have a large range of spare euros....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Take car, bus or train to Waterford, go to Debenhams, nice suits and def worth the petrol money. Sales on at the minute. jasper conlon etc., Kilkenny suits way too expensive i.m.o. Used to be a place on Kieran St., beside butter-slip, had good prices. Frank walls if your loaded and 50+. Pauls if you like burning money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mydogjack wrote: »
    Take car, bus or train to Waterford, go to Debenhams, nice suits and def worth the petrol money. Sales on at the minute. jasper conlon etc., Kilkenny suits way too expensive i.m.o. Used to be a place on Kieran St., beside butter-slip, had good prices. Frank walls if your loaded and 50+. Pauls if you like burning money.

I was in Debenhams the other day, they do have a fine selection of suits. When I was wearing suits, I used to get them in Paul's or the Monster House.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

I was in Debenhams the other day, they do have a fine selection of suits. When I was wearing suits, I used to get them in Paul's or the Monster House.

I can't recommend frank walls enough (the mans shop) more brilliant after sales service and in house tailor for any adjustments, its serrvice ya just won't match in a department shop like debenhams, plus ya get to shop local:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Not sure if shopping local is a priority for you - but if you are planning on taking a spin in a car anyway I strongly recommend Galvins in Tullamore. I have bought suits and accessories in both Pauls and Duggans in Kilkenny in the past and while I did find them both good - nothing came close to Galvins in terms of service in my experience.

Both places in kilkenny had young lads who, while friendly and helpful, were clueless when it came to the kind of detailed knowlege I was after in terms of style / cut / colour etc etc.

I had a very helpful guy in Galvins with years of experience give me focued attention for about 45 minutes and he wasn't pushy salesman *at all* (something I hate) - I ended up buying an excellent value stylish suit for the exact purpose I was after and he threw in some other stuff as well AND he got a tailor to make a couple of adjustments on the spot. Would deffo shop there again.

No vested interested here btw - I just love decent service. It makes all the diff.

http://www.galvinformen.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Duggans Menswear beside Supermacs

Advertisement