Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off season

Options
  • 30-12-2013 12:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Re-signings are now open, I'm off down to visit the out laws for a few days so I'll stick up timings a little later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Quick question lads, Brees hasn't retired, does that mean I'm safe or will he spring a surprise during the rest of the offseason?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He can still retire during the off season, even after the draft, which would be a right pain..

adrian522 wrote: »
    He can still retire during the off season, even after the draft, which would be a right pain..

Bollocks. At least I know now anyway. He has retired on almost all simulated franchises I have ran but usually at the start of free agency. Oh well, Bray is signed up and ready to go if needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've been away over Christmas and won't get back to Ireland until 1st/2nd, so won't have a chance to check out my team (Eagles) until then.

Anything I can do to stop players out of contract being snapped up, or even find out who that might be? Thinking Vick and Maclin may be in that list. Or do people think that I am safe to wait the few days until I am back at home?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well, did you offer your free agents contracts during the season? If not they could all be going to free agency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can you log into the connected career website and do it from there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nope pudsy, has to be done on XBL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Jokeshop stuff from ea as usual.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thoughts on the below lads?

Resignings open til 10pm Friday
    FA1 open til 10pm Sunday
    FA2 open til 6pm Tuesday
    FA 3 open til 9pm Wednesday (can scout draft 9pm Wednesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

When's draft?

• Advertisement

Sounds good on the timings Heli. What way will free agency work? The same as we always do it, each team picks a player in each round, or is it done differently?

Also, what is the order for free agency picks if we are each picking one player or is it a free-for-all?

There is a free agency bidding process, in 3 stages. You offer them a contract and then they decide which one to accept.

After the draft FA reverts to the usual free agency where you can pick up whoever you want cap permitting. At this stage (and throughout the season) we limit people to 1 FA pickup per gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Usual FA rules about 4 year contracts and no more then 25% guaranteed?

I think that was the rule? I suppose this needs to be made clear before we begin

And hands off Arthur Jones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

mikemac1 wrote: »

I think that was the rule? I suppose this needs to be made clear before we begin

Its 20% isnt it and whose arthur jones ;-)

Yeah it's bonus can't be more than 20% of the salary and no more than 4 years, anymore and you will have to cut the player and suffer the cap hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Feel the need to united the Jones brothers at New England!!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Thoughts on the below lads?

Resignings open til 10pm Friday
    FA1 open til 10pm Sunday
    FA2 open til 6pm Tuesday
    FA 3 open til 9pm Wednesday (can scout draft 9pm Wednesday evening

That schedule sounds good to me

guns4all wrote: »
    That schedule sounds good to me

I hate the 48hr wait for them to decide, i do feel like the bank robber in dirty harry ''I gots to know''

Then its jump on at 10 and see they've still not decided what they're doing ;-)

Schedule is good for me but I could also do a 24 hour fa window as I have all my resignings done

Is there a 2nd stage of resigning players, i mistakingly dismissed it on the actions screen and cant access it from the Roster page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Is there a 2nd stage of resigning players, i mistakingly dismissed it on the actions screen and cant access it from the Roster page.

....nope...or at least I don't think so

You can the option of doing it yourself or delegating, some of them will be resigned by the CPU I'd say

You can the option of doing it yourself or delegating, some of them will be resigned by the CPU I'd say

No cant do it by myself, the re-sign option on the manage roster page is locked, it dont matter really, ive re-signed who i needed to but was thinking about franchise tagging a player. He can walk now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Thought this was advancing tonight...I am disappoint!

Thought this was advancing tonight...I am disappoint!

Someone doesn't read my posts!

the advance will be about 5:30 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm going to rush home!

And then most likely seem my targets want to wait for the last gameweek advance :(

I'm going to rush home!

And then most likely seem my targets want to wait for the last gameweek advance :(

yeah sad but true mike

I remember i had bid on a few guys last year, no one else bid on them and they still wouldnt come to Tennessee!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

yeah sad but true mike

I remember i had bid on a few guys last year, no one else bid on them and they still wouldnt come to Tennessee!

Well, at least its realistic.

*Runs*

:pac:

• Advertisement

surely if you throw enough money at someone they go if no one else is bidding on them!

Advertisement