Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South East Asia: Where to?? (10 days)

• 30-12-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm currently based in China, my brother and some friends are going backpacking in April and I'm going to meet them for 10 days in May in one of Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos. They've left the decision up to me, but I don't really know much about that part of the world at all!

What would people recommend? Where would you go if you had only 10 days?We'd all be interested in seeing cool stuff and partying so any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

10 days.

Thai Islands. Anything else would be too much hassle and too little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Would you recommend East Coast or West Coast Islands, or would I have time to see both??

My brother and his pals can organise to be somewhere before me to get themselves set up, which would make things a little easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

srfc19 wrote: »
    Would you recommend East Coast or West Coast Islands, or would I have time to see both??

My brother and his pals can organise to be somewhere before me to get themselves set up, which would make things a little easier.

West has PhiPhi-Maya Bay, Railay, Krabi and Phuket.

East has Koh Tao, Koh Phangnan and Koh Samui.

It depends really. You could prob do both Phi Phi for 3 days, ferry/bus to East coast and then do one of the east coast Island. Which island depends.

Itll all depend on how you bro and his mates are planning their trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Cool, we are all completely flexible. I can fly to any airport in South East Asia and they can meet me anywhere in South East Asia. The only restricition is that I will only be able to go for about 10 days.

The only problem is that none of us have been there before or really have anything specific we want to see. We just want to meet up because we haven't seen us each other for a while and have a good time!

Advertisement