Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply For An AIB Click Credit Card

Options
  • 30-12-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was wondering if there is any criteria for applying for an AIB Click CC?
    I have an AIB account for over a year now and internet banking.
    Is there any financial restrictions? Like if someone was unemployed?
    In my case doing a full time FÁS course with a wage 100% bigger then what I would get on job seekers.

Reason I need this card is because there is weeks I could just do with extra 20 euro or so to help with food or rent. Id be able to pay it back before the end of the 56 day interest free period. And if worst comes to worst this card has the lowest interest rate of all AIB visa cards.

Or is there better options for people like me? Maybe having an overdraft in by bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Normally full time employment would be a deal breaker for a start, so I wouldn't get over optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I'd give it a try anyway, you may be able to get one but your credit limit might be very low. I got one a good few years ago when I was on quite a low salary and my credit limit was a good bit lower still than my monthly salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

miezekatze wrote: »
    I'd give it a try anyway, you may be able to get one but your credit limit might be very low. I got one a good few years ago when I was on quite a low salary and my credit limit was a good bit lower still than my monthly salary.

Yea Im not looking for a high limit anyways, the lower the better in my opinion. I rather not have a credit card to best honest but lately there is just a few situations where I need a little cash to get by and I just don't have it so I think ill apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I applied for one recently. It was initially rejected until I investigated, and found out that despite giving them my current salary, the guy who I applied to over the phone submitted the request using my salary details they had on file from years ago when I was in a graduate role. Got them to update my details and it was then approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

You can only apply for the click credit card online, tried it there but I was rejected, the salary that was down was what I would be getting a year if I was on the dole but as I said I've been doing a 9 month fás course sense last September and Im getting paid double, Is it worth ringing them up and mentioning that? Or should I just go into a branch and ask about an overdraft account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I don't think the bank will approve either a CC or an overdraft facility but you can only ask and see what they say.

Having said that however, are you REALLY sure you want to be seeking out credit? I understand things can be a bit tight at the end of the week for you but I don't predict having an on tap source of credit will help you in the long run. The CC can be very tempting as it doesn't feel like spending money and the limit might be low but the limit can be breached and you are still liable. The limit is not a "cut off point" to prevent you going mad but rather a figure at which the bank may decline a transaction....but they may also process transactions even if you have exceeded the limit! That's very dangerous for someone on a tight budget.

Most overdrafts would be the same, except with punitive interest for going beyond your agreed overdraft.

Is there any way you can put a few quid by for the end of the week? I genuinely don't see credit ending well here.

Advertisement