Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 opening apps while charging

• 30-12-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

When I charge my iPhone 5, with the charger it came with it regularly opens up apps if I don't lock the screen. It even rang somebody the other day. Only happens while charging.

Had this happened anybody before?

Any quick fixes or just bring the phone back? It is less that a year old so should be covered under warranty.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Back it up to iTunes first then try a full restore if that doesn't work ring apple get a repair set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

That's a new one on me. I'd go with the advice already given but also have you tried using a different cable/charger? That should be easy to eliminate.

Does it constantly open apps/do things when it's plugged in or is it just occasionally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Completely bizarre. Can only assume that something is touching the screen and doing this and it could be an electrical current. Maybe. Could be making that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Actually a couple of other suggestions

1. Turn off Bluetooth. Unlikely, but something could either be connected or interfering somehow.
    2. Turn off voice dialling (settings > passcode lock) or turn off Siri altogether (settings > general > Siri). Again, unlikely, but I suppose it's possible they're causing the problem. If not at least it'll allow you to discount them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

brophs wrote: »
    That's a new one on me. I'd go with the advice already given but also have you tried using a different cable/charger? That should be easy to eliminate.

Does it constantly open apps/do things when it's plugged in or is it just occasionally?

I don't have another charger. Just the one that came with the phone.

It happens always when I charge the phone and place it flat on it's front/back. When I am charging it and holding it in my hand nothing happens just automatically locks as it should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Zcott wrote: »
    Completely bizarre. Can only assume that something is touching the screen and doing this and it could be an electrical current. Maybe. Could be making that up.

Nothing touching the screen at all. It is on it's back on a locker nothing near the phone. Took off the screen protector I had, thought it was dirty or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

have you tried a different socket?
    what about charging from a usb socket on a laptop/xbox/etc?

Advertisement