Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Chrome

Options
  • 30-12-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

boards.ie isn't working in chrome for about a week…. sure your aware of this but can't find anything relating to it… thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Works fine for me in Chrome...

Ctrl+F5. Do it about fifty times, it'll eventually start working.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

no luck, this is all i get http://imgur.com/BJfcEvs
    i know they said something about playing with the format over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Works fine for me on Mac Chrome: Version 31.0.1650.63

Have you tried switching off all your addons/extensions?

I'm on 31.0.1650.63 too……

only extension i have is Addblock, which iv had for months…. tried to pause it there and still no difference.
    didn't think of that till you said because i presumed it had something to do with the editing of the page format that was mentioned.

Try disabling all extensions.

• Advertisement

http://imgur.com/oBJwe3O

all extensions disabled… been this way since 25th… anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Looks like you've restricted access to b-static.net which is where all the static content of the site lives (it's cloud based afaik). You're probably adblocking it, so make sure b-static.net is on your whitelist.

thanks for moving…

so i have disabled add block completely and still having this trouble with chrome.

There's still something custom on your version as you have the matrix background, so it's not a bare bones version. Is there any way of opening in 'safe mode' on Chrome?

back to basic theme, http://imgur.com/6KH2wcN
    still the same!
    never seen any access to a safe mode on chrome mac...

• Advertisement

tried an incognito window. and it works fine!
    ok sorry for the bother… obviously my sys, really only thought it was something to do with the redevelopment of the site!

Strange! What does the main page look like: www.boards.ie

What do you see if you access http://b-static.net/ ?

Hmm, I hate to say but it definitely looks like something on your side, but what I don't know. You can obviously see b-static, I wonder is "regular" browsing mode just not playing nicely with it for some reason? If you can see us properly in incognito mode, then it seems conclusive that it's something your Chrome is referencing. I use Chrome too and have had no problems at all over the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hmm... If it doesn't happen in incognito mode, what happens if you clear your cookies and cache?

thanks alvis your a star!
    honestly embarrassed at all this fuss, thanks again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement