Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Log Attempt

• 30-12-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Said I'd give this a go anyways, nothing to lose I guess!
    Been a bit all over the place with what I'm covering and not so hopefully this will keep me on top of things for now. Aiming pretty high points wise, going to need over 500 for my course anyways so anything above 520 and I should be happy. Subjects and best case results;

English (H) - B1
    Irish (H) - B3
    Maths (H) - B2
    Geography - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Ag. Science - A1
    DCG - C2 (lets just forget about that one:D)

It's pretty optimistic but with some decent work between now and June, it's certainly attainable.
    LC, come at me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Here we go day one.

Aiming to cover today;

Ag - Mendel and Monohybrid Crosses
    Chem - Learn a titration and do all exam questions on it
    Maths - Finish the 2013 Paper 2
    Irish - Caca Milis question on filming techniques

First day back at the books went surprisingly well. Got all I planned to do done, and managed to squeeze in some quality time with FIFA too :D

Plan of action tomorrow will hopefully go something like this;

Chem: Go through two titrations and corresponding exam questions
    Ag: Chapter 17 and maybe start my grassland project
    English: Have a glance over my beloved Plath
    Maths: Start the 2014 sample paper 2
    Geog: Learn a sample answer on something or other

Last few days have been terrible on the study front. From hanging to babysitting, verrrry little has been done. Worked my ass off for the best part of the holidays yet I still find myself facing into the final weekend with a mountain of work before me, arrghh. So yeah, hectic weekend ahead. What must be done before we go back Monday;

Maths - Finish up the end of the 2014 Sample Paper Two, and do out all of the 22(?) Constructions.

Irish - Essay on Influence of the Media and an exam question on Tóraíocht (shudders, hopefully get a chance to revise some grammar too. Also Sráith 8

Geography - Made out a list of 11 physical essays to learn off a few days back, get at least two more of them out of the way.

Ag Science - Grassland project due in for Monday morning, yet to be started. Visited my farmer and got all I need, just need to get it down for reals. Do some Q7s and compile a list of must know definitions for Genetics

DCG - Put some seeeeeeeerious effort into my project, nothing done as of yet and the deadline looming in just two weeks. Also have two questions to do, haven't shed a glance at them yet.

Got most of the above covered so I'm fairly happy. Can't see a lot of study per se being done for the next two weeks with DCG coming closer and closer but I'll try keep it steady and do what I can anyways! Have a feeling the stretch from now until the midterm will be worse than the LC itself. Aims for this week:

English Study for class test on Macbeth on Friday

Irish Finish up our Christmas work and start learning Daoine Oga essay

Maths Revise Logs

Chemistry Get cracking on some Question 3s

Ag Science Revise Beef Production section

Geography Learn 3 more sample answers

DCG Projeccccccttttttt

As bad of a week study-wise that it's been, I must update this anywhom. What went down this week;

English Had a Macbeth test so focused on that, pretty happy with how I got on, see no reason why I shouldn't get a B1

Irish Did a sraith, finished Christmas work

Maths Got revision stuff for Mocks so I'm working through them, feeling sorted for the Mock :D

DCG Project is coming along, not quite there yet but it's coming together

Chemistry No revision done, need to get doing some!

Ag Science Not a lot done again, briefly looked at Animal Classifications

Geog Nothing, neeeeeeeed to get going!

Pretty poor week, and with it being the last week of DCG I won't plan to do much next week either. Mocks start the 5th so here's some sort of prediction;

English B2-- 80
    Maths B2-- 105
    Irish C2 -- 65
    Chem C1 -- 70
    Ag C1-- 70
    Geog C1-- 70
    DCG C3--60

Points -- 460

Not where I want, but I'll feel on track if I get them, considering we've only really finished the English course!

• Advertisement

Back to work it is after a hectic week or two :P
    Didn't go to many classes last week but got 88 in both English (Macbeth) and Chemistry (Redox Titrations)

Tonight I did;

Irish Learnt 3 poets, then got an unwanted mock spoiler :mad:

Ag Had a quick revision of Dairy

Maths Crammed for a Differentiation test tomorrow

Decent bit done today, teachers are finally laying off a bit on the homework and putting our fate in our own hands :P

Maths Statistics Revision

Ag Q1 from 2013 and 2012, made sheep notes

Chem Q4 from 2013 and 2012

Geog Learnt an answer on colonialism

Getting back into the swing of things now and feeling relatively on top of it all. We'll see how long this optimism lasts though.

English - Revised some Lady Macbeth for test Friday. Got an essay and Macbeth question back, B1 and A2 respectively. I'm pretty much convinced A1s are impossible :(

Irish - Started learning essay on the media

Maths - Probability

Chemistry- Q4 2011-2009

Ag - Q1 2011

Geog - Went back over Colonialism from last night

Not as productive as last few nights but meh, every little helps and all that, right?

Irish - Learnt a bit more of the Media Essay. Should know it inside out by Saturday

Maths - Did revision of the Line, pretty happy with that

English - Lady Macbeth test tomorrow so she took up most of the evening. Starting believe that she's a nice person from all the BS I've been making up for her!

Average weekend, not as good as intended;

English - Started some Heaney revision - A Call

Irish - Know my Media essay

Maths - The Circle

Chemistry - Kept going on Q4s

Geography - Was naughty and got my hands on the mock paper :( Learnt essays for physical on that

Ag - Sheep Notes

This week I better get my ass into shape :D

• Advertisement

Riddled with the cold so naturally, not feeling my best.

English - Heaney, A Constable Calls

Irish - Comprehension

Chemistry - 2 Q4s

Ag - 2 Q1s

Geog - Know all my physical stuff for the mock - spending tomorrow finalizing that then I'm moving on to physical

Hopefully I'll feel somewhat better tomorrow :(

Well it's been a grueling week but the worst is somewhat over :P As a whole the mocks went all right. I know it's not the best idea to do the post mortem but oh well;

English; Went decent. Knew what was coming up reluctantly! Everything went pretty well bar the comparative. Was a half arsed effort tbh but we haven't done any answers on it yet so I wouldn't expect much anyways. Pretty happy with my short story and that on paper one :) Timing wasn't as tight as I anticipated and got both done with about 10 mins left.

Maths; Found this really easy :o Teacher gave us a lot of topics to look over but still it was easy! There was one really sticky question on a window wiper that I've been having nightmares over since though :pac: Timing not too bad, had a few mins to spare for only paper we did all of

Irish; Did graaaand. Don't know what I'd do without spoilers though! Soooo much time especially on paper one

Chemistry; Went in with no spoilers at all and zero work the night before, but I came out pretty happy. Very tricky question 6 will bring me down though. Had time to do an extra question, but I didn't know anymore aha

Ag; Went pretty well I thought consider I had no hints either! Time to do an extra question as well but I didn't bother because we'd nothing else covered. Very tricky question one though

Geography; Knew all the essays that were coming up. Probably my tightest exam for time though

Overall I'm pretty happy with how I did and if i got them papers for the actual thing I think I'd be pretty content. No room for complacency though ;) Aiming for about 480 but I'm really not bothered too much on points as after all, it's only the mocks! Roll on a week of nothingness :rolleyes:

Slowly got into a bit of work over the last two days. So far I've done;

English Made Theme/Issue notes for my three texts.
    Irish Sraiths 1-5, know them pretty well now, hopefully know 10 by Monday.
    Maths Done the revision work we got for midterm

Tomorrow and Saturday I wanna get a good bit done, hopefully get some of my ag project re-written and an essay or two of Geography. Finished the Chemistry course so we'll be doing alot of revision in class from here on out.

The last few days;

English Finished notes on theme/issue
    Irish Sraiths 13, 14 and 15 (8 fully learnt)
    Geography Essay on plate tectonics
    Ag Science Fully wrote out Potatoes and started on Grassland

100 days to go! Everyone seems to be panicking but it seems like loads of time to me? :P No doubt come the start of June I wish I wasn't feeling so calm, ah well!

Irish Mé Fein & Mo Chlann
    Geography Factors defining the BMW
    Dcg Axonometric OL Questions

Still no mocks back :( hopefully this week! Last few nights have consisted of;

English Plath revised, hopefully do a question on her at the weekend, started Bishop

Irish Sraith 17

Geography A few sample answers

Chemistry Q6s

DCG Trimetric Qs

Want the mocks back for some real motivation :p

Bit all over the place with the staidear ach sin e!

Mocks so far;
    Irish C1
    Maths A2
    Chem A2
    DCG C1

Hopefully get the rest tomorrow/this week.

Oral is taking over a lot of my study time, thank God I didn't do a language! Hopefully get back into some routine this week :)

Advertisement