Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have switched to Eircom - First bill confusion and over charge ?

Options
  • 30-12-2013 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm scratching my head here and would appreciate some answers, I've switched provider from Digiweb to Eircom and got my first bill......it's huge and makes no sense.

Previously I was paying €47 monthly for unlimited broadband with Talk Off-Peak call with Digiweb and switched to Eircom to avail of the €35 Advanced unlimited with Talk Off-Peak calls rising to €50 euro per month after six months ..... these prices included line rental and VAT so it was a no brainer smart savings

I know switching can be a bit messy and first bills can be a little strange and higher than the normal but I can't for the life of me understand how my first bill is €83.83 more than double the cost of two months payments for less than 1.5 months service. 

The Bill covers the period 25-DEC-13 to 24-JAN-14. There is a part period charge for line rental covering  from the 28-NOV-13 to the 24-DEC-13, the is a part period charge for broadband advanced unlimited covering from 9-DEC-13 to 24-DEC-13.

Issue I have are these - 
    (1) I did not receive a modem or details on how to setup my Eircom broadband account until the 12th of December so through no fault of my own I didn't have access to Eircom broadband until the 12th and not the 9th as per my bill. 

(2) On my bill (which is as clear as mud) there is a package and promotion discount section. In this section there is a discount of just €8.13 applied.....I signed up for €35 a month for the first six months and €50 a month there after so this discount applied seems incorrect can you confirm the correct discount is applied.

(3) In short I've had your "Full" service since the 12-DEC-13 , You claim the 9-DEC-13 , not a big deal but it's 3 days. I've received a bill covering from the 9-DEC-13 to 24-Jan-14 which is 46 six day of service @ a cost of €83.83. In my opinion for this period the bill  should have been nearer to €52.5, can you explain the difference ?

Can I pm one of you my account details so you can look into the matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm scratching my head here and would appreciate some answers, I've switched provider from Digiweb to Eircom and got my first bill......it's huge and makes no sense.

Previously I was paying €47 monthly for unlimited broadband with Talk Off-Peak call with Digiweb and switched to Eircom to avail of the €35 Advanced unlimited with Talk Off-Peak calls rising to €50 euro per month after six months ..... these prices included line rental and VAT so it was a no brainer smart savings

I know switching can be a bit messy and first bills can be a little strange and higher than the normal but I can't for the life of me understand how my first bill is €83.83 more than double the cost of two months payments for less than 1.5 months service. 

The Bill covers the period 25-DEC-13 to 24-JAN-14. There is a part period charge for line rental covering  from the 28-NOV-13 to the 24-DEC-13, the is a part period charge for broadband advanced unlimited covering from 9-DEC-13 to 24-DEC-13.

Issue I have are these - 
    (1) I did not receive a modem or details on how to setup my Eircom broadband account until the 12th of December so through no fault of my own I didn't have access to Eircom broadband until the 12th and not the 9th as per my bill. 

(2) On my bill (which is as clear as mud) there is a package and promotion discount section. In this section there is a discount of just €8.13 applied.....I signed up for €35 a month for the first six months and €50 a month there after so this discount applied seems incorrect can you confirm the correct discount is applied.

(3) In short I've had your "Full" service since the 12-DEC-13 , You claim the 9-DEC-13 , not a big deal but it's 3 days. I've received a bill covering from the 9-DEC-13 to 24-Jan-14 which is 46 six day of service @ a cost of €83.83. In my opinion for this period the bill  should have been nearer to €52.5, can you explain the difference ?

Can I pm one of you my account details so you can look into the matter?
    Hi jobyrne30
    sure. PM me and we can have a look at this for you.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Thanks, PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Thanks, PM sent
    Hi jobyrne30

Thanks for your PM, I will look into this and get back to you this afternoon.

Many thanks

Al

Advertisement