Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod touch 4g stuck in dfu mode

Options
  • 30-12-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭

I have an ipod touch 4g that looks to be stuck in dfu mode. When I connect it to the pc I can hear the sound that something connected but I don't see it in my computer. In device manager it says Apple recovery (DFU) usb driver. In iTunes it detects an ipod in recovery mode and when I try to restore it goes as far as waiting for ipod and hangs there. On ipod is apple logo and progress bar but no movement. This is the only screen I can get on the ipod, it will not turn on otherwise. Anyone got any ideas or if it is fixable. This is a used ipod so I don't know the history of it, what ios is on it or if it was previously jailbroke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Tinyumbrella might help kick it out of recovery mode:

http://blog.firmwareumbrella.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I tried TU, in logs tab it detects a dfu device connected but nothing shows up in the left side panel under connected devices. Although it did show up there once when I tried and it was only identified as what looked like the ecid number but didn't seem to communicate with the ipod when I clicked exit recovery. I'm thinking maybe there battery is dead, I wonder if disconnecting it from the MB would do anything? Thanks very much for your advice, if you have any other ideas please let me know.
    Additionally I can confirm that iTunes, usb cable ect are working fine as I tried with another ipod.

Advertisement