Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More robbery..

Options
  • 30-12-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/197879-two-men-released-on-bail-following-robbery-in-waterford-wlrfmnews.html

"Two men were arrested by Gardai in Waterford City following a robbery yesterday afternoon.Gardai received a call at around 4.30pm to say a 30 year old man was being robbed by two males, one armed with a hammer in Barrack Street. Gardai went to the scene where they met the injured party running away from his attackers. They pursued the two suspects and arrested them on suspicion of robbery. They were detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act at Waterford Garda Station. Property taken was recovered along with a hammer. Both men in their mid 20's and from Waterford were charged with the incident and will appear at Waterford District Court on the 28th of January next. They were released on their own bail."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Released on their own bail...................

Just like that. It is madness, no wonder there is so much crime in this city. They know they will be out in a few hours on bail to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

It's crazy, a hammer and they're out already. Nothing to deter these scumbags. Sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Wonder how many more crimes they will commit before the court appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Truly shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Can the Gardai not do any more about this ---
    hold them till court date or anything -
    we need to put a stop to this behaviour -
    ZERO TOLERANCE I TELL U!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

jennygirl wrote: »
    ZERO TOLERANCE I TELL U!

That's the way it needs to be,
    Lock the bastards up on remand until their case is heard.
    The justice system is piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

MORE CRIME & MORE BAIL..
    DONt pay a trivial parking fine however and you will be locked up in cork prison i've heard...its all about the money money money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

we need a vigilante group with a stunning crimson uniform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What we need to do is put cages suspended from a line across the Suir - at low tide they get a tan, at high tide they get to hold their breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

mike65 wrote: »
    What we need to do is put cages suspended from a line across the Suir - at low tide they get a tan, at high tide they get to hold their breath.
    That's a bit optimistic about the weather Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Was this man just attacked randomly on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

jennygirl wrote: »
    ZERO TOLERANCE I TELL U!

No, the Gardaí can't do anything about this. Their job is to carry out the arrest. It's up to the judge to make appropriate sentencing. Unfortunately, the judges are not doing that.

It's not the fault of the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

These scumbags make me mad. Robbing peoples cars and houses and even robbing people in broad daylight. My own car was smashed to pieces few weeks ago from some scumbags out looking for something they could sell off or trade for more poison to shoot into their veins. And if not heroin, then drink, they are nothing but dirty little vermin who should have the sh!t kicked out of them until they cant move. Enough with the softly softly approach, a vigilante response is the ONLY way to deal with these pr!cks. The guards are stretched, the judges live in la-la land so yet again its up to the people to try and solve this problem. Its becoming an almost hourly occurrence in our city, I hate to dump on where Im from but Waterford really has turned into some dive the past year..

I have never been in trouble in my life, never had my name in the paper or Guards darken my door. But I promise you that if I threatened someone with a hammer in the middle of the day and was hauled before a judge I would get 5 years no doubt, made an example of while the master criminals go about their daily lives fearless of any authority. How could you even do that, attack someone with a hammer. Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Muggings and robberies etc will only increase with the recession that has gripped this country and the drugs problem which is rampant everywhere nowadays.This incident seemed to be particularly nasty considering that there was a hammer involved and it happened in broad daylight.Of course scum will always be scum irrespective of the economic climate but our soft judicial system just facilitates crime as opposed to preventing it.Do human rights in this country exist for all or do they only exist to protect certain elements of society from being accountable to the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

An offshore facility is needed to ring fence these scumbags until they come to trial.. Then it needs to be severe mandatory sentence. But then you'd have "prisoner's rights" (a contradiction in terms) up in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Chop their hands off, won't be doing much stealing with 2 stumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

7upfree wrote: »
    An offshore facility is needed to ring fence these scumbags until they come to trial.. Then it needs to be severe mandatory sentence. But then you'd have "prisoner's rights" (a contradiction in terms) up in arms.

Pity they turned Spike island into a tourist attraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turn Little Island into a prison? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Advertise a rave in one of the closed down buildings on the estate, wait till they all inside, lock all exits. Burn to the ground. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

we need a vigilante group with a stunning crimson uniform

Where do i sign?? Count me in!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I hope their hoodies explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

kryogen wrote: »
    Advertise a rave in one of the closed down buildings on the estate, wait till they all inside, lock all exits. Burn to the ground. Simples

thats a bit stupid.
    junkies dont goto raves regularly
    people like me goto raves.. and i dont rob people, nor do i partake in heroin.

Advertisement