Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kylemore Merchants Quay

Options
  • 30-12-2013 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Was in town today and noticed that Cafe Kylemore is closed in Merchants Quay. Any idea why? Always went in for scrambled eggs and toast the odd morning? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Was in town today and noticed that Cafe Kylemore is closed in Merchants Quay. Any idea why? Always went in for scrambled eggs and toast the odd morning? :(

Just closed over the xmas afaik...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

upstairs in MQ is a real ghost town these days, especially down the kylemore end. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

upstairs in MQ is a real ghost town these days, especially down the kylemore end. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

The whole place is to be honest. I was in over the Xmas and the amount of empty units was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

SeaFields wrote: »
    The whole place is to be honest. I was in over the Xmas and the amount of empty units was unreal.

Merchants Quay appears to be a reflection of the City Centre generally..

The high rents/rates combined with the fall off in spending power amid the worst recession in living memory is killing it..
    Added to that the high cost of parking the car when you can park in Mahon Point/Wilton/Douglas shopping centres for free and you have a perfect storm from a retail perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The_Banker wrote: »
    Just closed over the xmas afaik...

Was in there last night. There's a wall where kylemore used to be so closed for good I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

the rent must have been too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

magentis wrote: »
    the rent must have been too high.

1209_mcmillan_630x420.jpg

Advertisement