Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out average weekly hours for the past year?

Options
  • 30-12-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

i have my redundancy forms here and i just rang to tell them they are wrong and now they want me to ammend them myself. how can i find out what my average weekly hours were precisely over the past year?

also is it possible to claim back the tax i paid over the past year(i heard a rumour you could)? as well as having the redundancy too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Add up the hours you worked each week, and divide by the number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

but how can i get the number of hours i've worked without payslips? i only have pay slips for the past 6 months so i need the other 6 to get an accurate number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Video wrote: »
    but how can i get the number of hours i've worked without payslips? i only have pay slips for the past 6 months so i need the other 6 to get an accurate number

Why don't you have the other 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Divide your year to date gross pay by your hourly rate of pay, then divide by the number of weeks that this total applies to, example- gross pay year to date (week 52) = 20000 , hourly rate 10.00. 20000/10 =2000/52 = 38.46 hours average/week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And how do you know that they're wrong, if you don't have the payslips?

(But yes, the hourly rate calc would probably give a good-enough answer too, provided there's no shift rate premiums etc in there.)

• Advertisement

And how do you know that they're wrong, if you don't have the payslips?

(But yes, the hourly rate calc would probably give a good-enough answer too, provided there's no shift rate premiums etc in there.)

They ARE wrong because they are offering me way less than the hours i did per week, i had been doing around 25-30 hours a week for the past year but they wrote 16 hours a week on my redundancy, i just wanted the exact accurate number.

Divide your year to date gross pay by your hourly rate of pay, then divide by the number of weeks that this total applies to, example- gross pay year to date (week 52) = 20000 , hourly rate 10.00. 20000/10 =2000/52 = 38.46 hours average/week.

thanks for that really helped me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

But if they got it wrong on the form, maybe they got it wrong on the payslips? Do you not keep track of your hours and make sure they match your pay each month? Mistakes are commonplace when paid by the hour, for future I would strongly recommend keeping details of your hours worked.

Advertisement