If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sony str-dh540

Options
  • 30-12-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

New amp all set up now but having a couple of issues with it. Set up is as follows:

DELL W7 PC with HDMI Output from Graphics Card to AVR BD
    PS3 to AVR GAME
    Ferguson Ariva 120 to AVR SAT

SONY STR-DH540 

LG47W650T 

Issue 1: When the Ariva is connected i lose the Audio Return Channel from the TV (the second I unplug its hdmi cable, ARC works fine again)

Issue 2: The PC image displays during startup, just after Windows starting screen, it goes black. Does this AVR have issues with certain graphics cards? (This worked fine with the previous Denon AVR)

Just wondering if any other buyers have come back with these or similar issues, and if you know of a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just to follow up on this in case someone else has similar issues. 

Issue 2: It appears to be a HDMI handshake issue. I can get intermittent display and continuous sound from pc when receiver is connected to HDMI2 on the TV. No joy with picture at all to HDMI1 (ARC) though. (Two different graphics cards tried & PC to TV directly works fine)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just to follow up on this in case someone else has similar issues. 

Issue 2: It appears to be a HDMI handshake issue. I can get intermittent display and continuous sound from pc when receiver is connected to HDMI2 on the TV. No joy with picture at all to HDMI1 (ARC) though. (Two different graphics cards tried & PC to TV directly works fine)
    Johnny,

we have sold loads of the 540 and we have only had one other issue which was actually also a HDMI issue ( but HDMI Passthrough related) I'm sure you have tried swapping the cables out? If your intermittent HDMI issue persists there is no problem swapping the amp out for another or a different model - just keep us posted and we will look after you. ( apologies for the delay getting back to you BTW :( )

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

hadnt considered the cable as it had always displayed it through the denon receiver but i took the telly off the wall this evening and moved it to the receiver to check. Indeed it works perfect, getting 3d and everything using a diff cable, which i never had before. 

Unfortunately this means my 15m wall buried cable is no use and im gona have to buy and run a new one. Herself will not be happy :) 

Once i have a new one ill try sort the other issue with the freesat box but id imagine they will both be solved.

Thanks for the help John. Its a great amp I must say by the way, glad i upgraded 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.