Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line wire hanging from tree

Options
  • 30-12-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Eircom,

We phoned you early in the morning on Dec 23rd, to report that the wind had snapped the phone line wire that goes from the telegraph pole to the house, which was completely ripped out of the box and the line is hanging from the trees.

We were informed that it might be repaired on either Friday 27th, if not then, it should be repaired on Monday 30th.

Nobody has arrived to fix it yet as of today (Dec 30th). We phoned Eircom today, they said it was scheduled for repair today and if they hadn't turned up to fix it by 2:00pm - 3:00pm that we should call them back, which we did.

We were then told that they were actually working on the fault at this very moment, and that they may not need to visit the house to fix it, we told them again that yes, they do need to visit the house as the line/wire is still hanging from the trees, the woman on the phone again said it was scheduled for repair today.

We phoned again 10 minutes after that call, to reiterate that the wire/line is completely down and needs someone to visit the property, at this point, the Eircom person told us that the repair is not currently being worked on, neither has it been scheduled for repair today, and the engineer hasn't even picked up the report about doing the repair.

This is despite what your previous staff member said 10 minutes earlier about them currently working on it and it being fixed today.

It doesn't seem to be getting through to Eircom that the phone line/wire is hanging from the trees, which will require a home visit, instead we're being fobbed off with lies relating to it being fixed, please send me a PM and I'll provide our phone number and whatever details you require.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Bandon wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

We phoned you early in the morning on Dec 23rd, to report that the wind had snapped the phone line wire that goes from the telegraph pole to the house, which was completely ripped out of the box and the line is hanging from the trees.

We were informed that it might be repaired on either Friday 27th, if not then, it should be repaired on Monday 30th.

Nobody has arrived to fix it yet as of today (Dec 30th). We phoned Eircom today, they said it was scheduled for repair today and if they hadn't turned up to fix it by 2:00pm - 3:00pm that we should call them back, which we did.

We were then told that they were actually working on the fault at this very moment, and that they may not need to visit the house to fix it, we told them again that yes, they do need to visit the house as the line/wire is still hanging from the trees, the woman on the phone again said it was scheduled for repair today.

We phoned again 10 minutes after that call, to reiterate that the wire/line is completely down and needs someone to visit the property, at this point, the Eircom person told us that the repair is not currently being worked on, neither has it been scheduled for repair today, and the engineer hasn't even picked up the report about doing the repair.

This is despite what your previous staff member said 10 minutes earlier about them currently working on it and it being fixed today.

It doesn't seem to be getting through to Eircom that the phone line/wire is hanging from the trees, which will require a home visit, instead we're being fobbed off with lies relating to it being fixed, please send me a PM and I'll provide our phone number and whatever details you require.

Hi Bandon
    due to the very high number of faults resulting from recent weather conditions it is very possible that delays might happen. If you have a fault reference number I can certainly chase this for you. If you do not have a fault ref no. can you PM me your own land line and good contact number.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandon

Hi Tony,
    due to the very high number of faults resulting from recent weather conditions it is very possible that delays might happen.

I appreciate that with the current weather conditions that there might be delays, but our issue isn't to do with delays, is it.

Your phone staff told us today that there was someone actually working on the fault as we were speaking, which was a complete lie, as your next staff member we spoke to a few minutes after that told us they weren't currently working on it, and that it wasn't even scheduled for repair today, so it's nothing to do with weather and delays in this case.

I'd prefer people just tell me straight, rather than just tell me something to fob me off, because I had to spend all day at home today after being told it was scheduled for repair today. The first Eircom staff member we spoke to today confirmed at least twice that it was definitely being repaired today, so it was another wasted day sitting at home waiting for someone who wasn't going to arrive.

I'll PM you our phone number, account number, fault reference number and our mobile number if you need to call us.

Hi Tony,
    due to the very high number of faults resulting from recent weather conditions it is very possible that delays might happen.

I appreciate that with the current weather conditions that there might be delays, but our issue isn't to do with delays, is it.

Your phone staff told us today that there was someone actually working on the fault as we were speaking, which was a complete lie, as your next staff member we spoke to a few minutes after that told us they weren't currently working on it, and that it wasn't even scheduled for repair today, so it's nothing to do with weather and delays in this case.

I'd prefer people just tell me straight, rather than just tell me something to fob me off, because I had to spend all day at home today after being told it was scheduled for repair today. The first Eircom staff member we spoke to today confirmed at least twice that it was definitely being repaired today, so it was another wasted day sitting at home waiting for someone who wasn't going to arrive.

I'll PM you our phone number, account number, fault reference number and our mobile number if you need to call us.
    Hi Bandon
    Actually both agents were correct. I can see that there were two faults open on this issue. The ref you provided to me is a general fault open on an issue in your area, which has likely affected your service. This ticket was assigned to tech crew as agent had advised. I can also see that two agents have updated the second faults ticket ( I will PM this ref to you also) on the 30th, probably after you had called in.
    Though these agents had requested priority action be taken on your line "PLEASE SEND A TECH OUT ON PRIORITY... THEY ARE DEPENDENT COMPLETELY ON THE PHONE LINE" we were unable to reassign a tech to this fault ticket.

Our apologies that this has caused confusion and that you waited in for a tech to call. The notes on the ticket do not expressly require a tech to visit to your premises, but if this is necessary I have added the contact details supplied in your PM to me.
    I have contacted the technical crew manager for your area to push this for you, or to get a timeframe for resolve.

My apologies that we cannot do more at this time but I hope to have word soon.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    The notes on the ticket do not expressly require a tech to visit to your premises, but if this is necessary I have added the contact details supplied in your PM to me.

I'm not sure why Eircom staff keep repeating here and on the phone that a visit to our home may not be required, when a visit is clearly required!

We phoned Eircom again today, Jan 3rd, the woman stated that our fault is understood to have been fixed, she said there was a parent fault in our area due to a poll being blown down, that poll has been fixed and our fault was taken to be resolved.

With regards to notes on tickets, perhaps the notes should have the exact fault written on them as supplied by the customer, such as line snapped and hanging from tree at customers property, it would then be obvious that a technician is required at the property, rather than them just fixing the parent fault and assuming our fault would be fixed as a result of fixing the other fault, especially when we have repeatedly told Eircom that we need a home visit since Dec 23rd.

We yet again explained that no, the problem is not resolved, as the phone line is still hanging from the trees, and reiterated that the fault is at the house, not on the road or anywhere else, and that Eircom need to visit the property to fix it. 

If we hadn't phoned today, we'd still be sitting here waiting for it to be fixed, except it wouldn't have been, because the Eircom staff member on the phone today stated that it's resolved, we asked what would have happened if we hadn't called today, she said our problem would have been taken as already fixed and nobody would have visited to fix it.

She told us that she has now put in a priority report for a technician to come out on Saturday, Jan 4th, if not then, it'll be Monday, Jan 6th, I let you know if anyone bothers to turn up to fix it, we have now been without phone line since Dec 23rd.

Hi,
    She told us that she has now put in a priority report for a technician to come out on Saturday, Jan 4th, if not then, it'll be Monday, Jan 6th
    Rather than yesterday or on Monday, Eircom visited and fixed our broken phone line today, Sunday 5th. They phoned and asked which house we lived in, it was fortunate that we were in, because we were supposed to be going to visit my mum for dinner today, but that was cancelled due to the weather, so we were in when they phoned.

Anyway, now fixed and the phone/internet working again :), hopefully these strong winds will die down soon, and not cause further problems for us and others.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    She told us that she has now put in a priority report for a technician to come out on Saturday, Jan 4th, if not then, it'll be Monday, Jan 6th
    Rather than yesterday or on Monday, Eircom visited and fixed our broken phone line today, Sunday 5th. They phoned and asked which house we lived in, it was fortunate that we were in, because we were supposed to be going to visit my mum for dinner today, but that was cancelled due to the weather, so we were in when they phoned.

Anyway, now fixed and the phone/internet working again :), hopefully these strong winds will die down soon, and not cause further problems for us and others
    Hi Bandon
    Thanks for posting back and happy to hear issue fully resolved. Yes our technicians are working on Saturdays and Sundays to deal with the large number of issues arising from weather.
    So yes, hoping for winds and rain to die down soon,
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

What a joker arguing back with you instead of an apology. Disgrace! Glad you got your service back- I've not been so lucky. Might have to post a similar message on here shortly if I keep being fobbed off by their customer service reps.

arf91 wrote: »
    What a joker arguing back with you instead of an apology. Disgrace! Glad you got your service back- I've not been so lucky. Might have to post a similar message on here shortly if I keep being fobbed off by their customer service reps.
    Hi arf91
    I have re-read post, just in case what you said was true but cannot see how this was "arguing back", I thanked Bandon for getting back with update, as I would have chased his issue again this morning for him and sincerely agreed with his hope that this weather ( which was the cause of the issue ) should  end soon. Any other sentiment was absolutely unintentional.
    If you would like to PM your details to us now we would be happy to follow up on your own issue and can at least update you as to delay.
    Tony

Advertisement