Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking a 8320 help

• 30-12-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

So i have an AMD FX 8320 with a gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard (this one)

Can someone tell me what settings I need to change around in UEFI to get an overclock of say 4.5GHz? Any guides I've found online seem to have different settings in UEFI than I do. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Jaafa wrote: »
    So i have an AMD FX 8320 with a gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard (this one)

Can someone tell me what settings I need to change around in UEFI to get an overclock of say 4.5GHz? Any guides I've found online seem to have different settings in UEFI than I do. Thanks.

Looks like the multipler is called the CPU Clock ratio in a gigabyte UEFI (according to a youtube video I glanced at). This number multiplied by the CPU base clock gives the OC frequency.

To start off with I'd just leave it at stock voltages, and using just the multiplier (ratio) see how much higher you can get it stable in something like prime95.

At some point you will probably have to start adjusting the CPU core voltage to hit 4.5 stably, but make sure you have a solid understanding from the OCing guides before you go altering more advanced setting and know what the safe voltage/temperature limits are for the FX-8320.

Advertisement