Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Revision Books?

Options
  • 30-12-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I'm doing Junior cert this year and I was wondering what the best revision books were. I'm doing
    Higher Level:
    French
    Maths
    English
    Science
    Geography
    History
    Home. Ec
    Music
    Religion
    Ordinary Level:
    Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Caoimheee_15

I did my Junior last year and I used a mix of Revise Wise and Less Stress More Success. Revise Wise is really good for French as it gives you loads of useful phrases for the letters/postcards/memos and has lists of vocab which actually came up in the comprehensions. I didn't get it for Irish but I'd say it's similar.

I used Less Stress More Success for Science, Geography and Music and found them really helpful as they condense the massive Science and Geography courses just to what you need to know. There's also a shortcuts to success maps and photographs book that just deals with question 5 on the geog paper which comes up every year so thats an easy question to learn off and get full marks in.

I didn't get one for Maths or history and I didn't do Home Ec or Religon. Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

I'm doing my Junior Cert this year and I love the Revise Wise books! I think they really cover everything when it comes to the exams and I totally recommend them :) The English one is fab especially!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Chantelle7 wrote: »
    So I'm doing Junior cert this year and I was wondering what the best revision books were. I'm doing
    Higher Level:
    French
    Maths
    English
    Science
    Geography
    History
    Home. Ec
    Music
    Religion
    Ordinary Level:
    Irish

These are what I found brilliant last year:

French: Revise Wise
    Science: Essentials Unfolded
    Geography: Rapid Revision (All I used for the

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niamh_31

Im doing the jc this year and the revise wise books are really good especially for English, it explains everything to do with Media Studies really well

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rebCIA007

If you're doing a language -French in your case, deffinitely, I've less stress more success
    maths-revise wise, they're great
    english-rapid revision english(john scally) is the best book i could have bought this year :D i also have revise wise, the difference isn't big but this one has more examples, tips and i like the way ots written better its easier to remember.
    I also have science less stress more success but i wouldn't advise it, it has very little information, much less than I'd expect.
    I think that they're the ones you really need to get, other than that it depends on how do you find a particular subject, if you believe you need help they're usefull, I find revise wise better than less stress more success.

• Advertisement
Advertisement