Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else have Creator sets with missing pieces?

• 30-12-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Santa brought my daughter the Creator house/villa/factory set (31012) for Christmas, and after building just the first model (the factory) we've racked up 16 missing pieces already. I've had sets missing one or two pieces over the years, but a count of 16 at this early stage is a bit too high for my liking.

Anyone else come across Creator sets with more than one or two pieces missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We have the same set I think-the house with the light?? We built the last one(the daughter says it's the hardest one) and were missing 3 small pieces-not integral to the build, we just replaced with other pieces but it's the first time it's happened-and we have a Lot of creator sets

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Yep, that's the one - we finished the villa the other day, so looking forward to getting stuck into the house build next.

I'll wait until we've finished all three builds before sending off for the missing bits, and just improvise with other pieces as we go. It must be about 35-odd years since my first LEGO and I've only ever had one or two pieces missing from the odd set in all that time, and never in recent years, so it surprised me to find so many pieces missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Yep, that's the one - we finished the villa the other day, so looking forward to getting stuck into the house build next.

I'll wait until we've finished all three builds before sending off for the missing bits, and just improvise with other pieces as we go. It must be about 35-odd years since my first LEGO and I've only ever had one or two pieces missing from the odd set in all that time, and never in recent years, so it surprised me to find so many pieces missing.

To be honest, himself thought that she had lost them on the carpet-but she has a mat for building on and every piece of lego stays on it while building-will be interesting to see if it's the same pieces. He was travelling round Europe for a couple of months before Christmas so was in and lego shop and bought a bucket of teeny tiny pieces so we were good for them

will be interesting to see if it's the same pieces

Good point - could be an assembly/packing issue with that particular set. Will compare notes once we've finished all builds here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If you are missing pieces from a new set, LEGO have a service where you select the parts that are missing and they will send them to you. I've used it once and it was a really good service.

https://service.lego.com/en-gb/replacementparts#BasicInfo

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

If you are missing pieces from a new set, LEGO have a service where you select the parts that are missing and they will send them to you. I've used it once and it was a really good service.

https://service.lego.com/en-gb/replacementparts#BasicInfo

Yep, I've heard it's really good. I've never needed to use it before as I'd always have any missing bits in my general stash, but will definitely use it this time as there's more than a few bits missing. I've heard some complaints from a few retailers that LEGO can be a curse to deal with sometimes, but I've always found their customer service excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Yeah I was missing 5 of the same bits from my VW Camper.

Generally they are not integral, but I have ordered them from Lego anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Might be a silly question, but do lego charge for those or do you get them free as they should have been in the set.

Am only getting back into lego after years away. Have two young boys now and can use them as an excuse :P

Thanks for the pointers on this forum though, I never realised there was such a massive following. But you'd need to be made of money to get all the sets you'd like. We appear to poorly catered for on this side of the Atlantic for decent sales and offers though, which is a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

builder22 wrote: »
    Might be a silly question, but do lego charge for those or do you get them free as they should have been in the set.

Am only getting back into lego after years away. Have two young boys now and can use them as an excuse :P

Thanks for the pointers on this forum though, I never realised there was such a massive following. But you'd need to be made of money to get all the sets you'd like. We appear to poorly catered for on this side of the Atlantic for decent sales and offers though, which is a pity.

I wasn't charged. Needed about 15 bits. Nothing too big though all small enough bits.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

builder22 wrote: »
    But you'd need to be made of money to get all the sets you'd like. We appear to poorly catered for on this side of the Atlantic for decent sales and offers though, which is a pity.

Keep an eye out in Tesco as they do some good offers on LEGO from time to time - I got a good few sets for 50% off in the run up to Christmas. None of the bigger ones, mind you, but some good finds nonetheless.

Smyths and Argos also run offers every now and then, and there's always the 3 for 2 on toys that Argos run before Christmas. It can be worth your while wandering into your nearest Smyths occasionally, as I've found that sometimes sets will be discounted in-store but not online.

Amazon also throws up some good offers, especially if you're lucky enough to get your hands on some LEGO in their lightning sales, and it's always worth checking amazon.fr and amazon.de separately too.

I also like scouring Bricklink, and can also find stuff for your general stash on Adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been keeping my eyes on most of those places alright. However I really can't get to grips with brick links at all. But perhaps that's because I'm only a novice :P

Advertisement