Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon & Madrid - Hostel Recommendations for solo traveller

Options
  • 30-12-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Lisbon and Madrid at the end of May and looking for hostel recommendations.

Looking for hostels that are central with easy enough connections to/from airports and preferably walk-able to some attractions. I'm probably travelling solo so somewhere lively and easy to meet people would be great, maybe hostels with a bar.

I've never been to either city so any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

A hostel called Largos Residencias, here...in Lisbon.

https://www.facebook.com/LARGOResidencies?fref=ts

Front of building...
    WP_003160_zps9dd2f504.jpg

bed made from a pallet. VERY comfortable...

WP_003286_zps4f010efb.jpg

WP_003287_zpsfe7685b9.jpg

The nearest subway station is Intendente.
    When you leave the airport you get straight on the subway, it's right outside. 50c deposit for the Leap card equivalent unlike the fiver here. Change at the first junction to the line that Intendente is on. (there are three lines, blue, red and green...iirc) Go to the front of the train and when you get off walk about 300m more in that direction and you should find it handy enough

knew I had a map. Get on outside the airport, change at Alameda and get off at Intendente.
    WP_003145_zps59519ea7.jpg

They have a kitchen if you want to cook your own grub. With more pallet furniture...
    WP_003154_zps0ddc457a.jpg

but most importantly they have wi-fi

WP_003155_zps9ac855ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

Great unique suggestion! I'll definitely look it up. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I was in lisbon in december and I stayed in the 'Home Lisbon Hostel'. http://www.homelisbonhostel.com/#/ Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in. The metro is a two minute walk so coming from the airport it's simple. Train station is about 10 mins away. Extremely central.
    Not sure how much the prices would go up for may but it's worth what you pay. Free awesome breakfast. There's a bar, wifi and computers. There's a living room with couches and tv and dvds. So for solo travellers it's easy to meet people. Also the owner of the hostel cooks a 3 course dinner every night for 10 euro.

rosie16 wrote: »
    I was in lisbon in december and I stayed in the 'Home Lisbon Hostel'. http://www.homelisbonhostel.com/#/ Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in. The metro is a two minute walk so coming from the airport it's simple. Train station is about 10 mins away. Extremely central.
    Not sure how much the prices would go up for may but it's worth what you pay. Free awesome breakfast. There's a bar, wifi and computers. There's a living room with couches and tv and dvds. So for solo travellers it's easy to meet people. Also the owner of the hostel cooks a 3 course dinner every night for 10 euro.

Yeah I've been looking at that one, looks top notch, reckon I'll book it.

Cheers for the suggestion!

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I've got my hostel sorted for Lisbon but still in need for Madrid.

I really haven't seen any hostels on tripadvisor that seem appealing. Anyone have any personal suggestions?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement