Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 30/12/13 *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah, you should form your own stable.

Call it The Three Marks.
    Just to go back to this, I do like this idea, but I would prefer if we could go for a better name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Its worth mentioning that the last 40 mins or so of RAW was all about Bryan. It happened in the main event and was given a lot of time.

Also worth mentioning Cena & Orton weren't even on the show. Not as if an IC title match or a drab Punk vs Rollins match were much competition. Lesnar's return was the only other noteworthy thing that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Just to go back to this, I do like this idea, but I would prefer if we could go for a better name.

I have plenty of suggestions but I'd rather not be banned. :pac:

GTR63 wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning Cena & Orton weren't even on the show. Not as if an IC title match or a drab Punk vs Rollins match were much competition. Lesnar's return was the only other noteworthy thing that happened.
    It was the most noteworthy thing that could have happened to be honest. Maybe not for some, but every time Lesnar shows up I still turn into the equivalent of a 10 year old Cena fanboy. He is the one guy WWE still have that can still look completely unstoppable.

I mean you have Cena who wins all the time, but he doesn't have Lesnar's brute force, you've Bryan the underdog who can, Punk who like Bryan is noted for his wrestling ability, Orton who gets the job done, you've even got guys like Langston and Reigns who do the whole big guy thing really well, and you've guys like Khali and Big Show who do the whole big guy thing, but nobody (not even Mark Henry who I absolutely love) convinces you that he is completely unstoppable like Brock Lesnar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He just joined the Wyatts. If there is one man who doesn't need to be in any stable, it is Daniel Bryan, never mind the Wyatts, never mind not even being the leader of said stable. Just give the man something decent to do, a rivalry with Cena where they don't just backpat each other would be fine, another go at Orton if he is going to finally take the title, Lesnar and Batista are back, Undertaker will be back in town, CM Punk and Bryan would have potential if it was twisted the right way. There are some of them I would like to see alot more than others, but give him something decent to do. He has been phenomenal all year.

The Wyatt feud is something decent to do though and was presented as an important fued since it started.

I understand that you don't like the feud which is fine, but you not liking it doesn't make it not worthwhile.

Bryan joined the Wyatts because of the Machine (the authority, who have held him back and wouldn't even give him a singles match with Bray so he finally broke) not because of Bray Wyatt. As I already said Bryan is involved in a concurrent storyline that I would expect to come to the fore again in the next three months before mania.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »

True.

But it could easily have happened in the first hour and had Punk or Leaner at the end of the show. It could easily have been done in 10 minutes or on Smackdown.

To me, the way WWE were hapy to allow both Orton and Cena to be at a house show and have Bryan giving in as the focal point of the show says a lot about how important they actually view Bryan as.

The Wyatt feud is something decent to do though and was presented as an important fued since it started.

I understand that you don't like the feud which is fine, but you not liking it doesn't make it not worthwhile.
    It means I think it is not worthwhile. Clearly you differ on that. I'm surprised you don't think Bryan deserves better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It was the most noteworthy thing that could have happened to be honest. Maybe not for some, but every time Lesnar shows up I still turn into the equivalent of a 10 year old Cena fanboy. He is the one guy WWE still have that can still look completely unstoppable.

I mean you have Cena who wins all the time, but he doesn't have Lesnar's brute force, you've Bryan the underdog who can, Punk who like Bryan is noted for his wrestling ability, Orton who gets the job done, you've even got guys like Langston and Reigns who do the whole big guy thing really well, and you've guys like Khali and Big Show who do the whole big guy thing, but nobody (not even Mark Henry who I absolutely love) convinces you that he is completely unstoppable like Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar was booked as a big deal from day 1 back in 2002. He has an aura of invincibility about him that never wavers despite WWE doing their best to **** it up since his comeback.

And he doesn't need to say a word. The man excudes presence by simply standing there.

Lesnar was booked as a big deal from day 1 back in 2002. He has an aura of invincibility about him that never wavers despite WWE doing their best to **** it up since his comeback.

And he doesn't need to say a word. The man excudes presence by simply standing there.
    I'm not sure the WWE could f*** it up even if they tried. The man is a colossus, the likes of which we haven't seen. I mean who is the closest we've had to him in terms of the 'monster' thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

To be fair, his UFC run lends a legitimacy to Lesnar's presentation as a monster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

To be fair, his UFC run lends a legitimacy to Lesnar's presentation as a monster.

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Bryan realises that HHH/Steph will never give him a fair chance at winning the title,so he:

1) Pretends to join the Wyatt family.

2) The entire Wyatt family enters the rumble in order to help Bray win it.

3) Bryan double crosses Bray at end in order to win the rumble as he knew he needed the help and to fool the authority in order for them to even let him in the Royal Rumble match

4.We get Cena vs Bryan for the title,like Cena promised a few weeks back.

Or

Bryan is jaded and has lost so much perspective that he joins the Wyatt's out of frustration,leading to his good mate Cena and his new best mate Hulk Hogan trying to save his soul and slowly turning Bryan back around to the idea that good is better than evil,which results in him turning his back on the Wyatts, leading to a 6 man tag at Mania.

Either scenario is grand by me.No way is Bryan going full on heel anyway.

Bryan is jaded and has lost so much perspective that he joins the Wyatt's out of frustration,leading to his good mate Cena and his new best mate Hulk Hogan trying to save his soul and slowly turning Bryan back around to the idea that good is better than evil,which results in him turning his back on the Wyatts, leading to a 6 man tag at Mania.

I`m afraid Hogan will be preoccupied on the nite as Lesnar still owes him that win
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You should all be thankful for Bryan joining the Wyatt Family. Now they can replace Erick with Bryan and keep him away from the ring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CM Punk explains why the babyfaces didn't run out for Daniel Bryan in the final segment:

Bare in mind babyfaces have been running out to save one another to setup tag matches for a few weeks/months now.

A ponytail less Paul Heyman mentions Batista's return and promises something Old School from Brock Lesnar next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rovert wrote: »

videos

absolute crying shame that these don't make it on to tv

D.Q wrote: »
    absolute crying shame that these don't make it on to tv

Fit them in the gap in Smackdown where they repeat a Raw match. Last week they showed the rubbish 12 Diva Tag Match again
    Tna do a good job of showing stuff like that

TBH, it would probably ruin the pacing. The RAW recaps are there to fill in for the shorter ad breaks that the UK has (as opposed to the US).

I love the WWE's use of videos. I wish that they'd do it more. It's a prefect tool to build the "logic" of what's going on in the WWE. They are a natural replacement for/ evolution of in-ring promos and interview segments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Saw an interesting theory on another forum earlier which probably isn't true because there is way too much long term planning in it for them but sounds interesting.

It posits that this is all part of a Wyatt family plan to take out The Authority.

- Kane returned after being "kidnapped" by the Wyatt's, removed his mask and said "I'm yours" to Stephanie thus becoming a mole within The Authority.

- Bryan joined the Wyatt's after repeatedly being screwed by the Authority. He also said "I'm yours".

- Bray keeps talking about destroying "The Machine"

I'm sure there's loads of holes in it but an interesting theory none the less. There was talk of a Wyatt face turn a few months ago but nobody could think of how it would be done. Would also lead to a Shield v Wyatts match at Mania

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That would be a fascinating and awesome storyline.

It isn't anywhere near the level WWE is capable of though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

It'll be interesting to see if the 'Devil' Bray used to mention a lot is the mastermind behind the whole thing, too. Vince doesn't look like he's up for it anymore, but it could be great to have someone with a similar standing to come back in a figurehead role, commanding the Wyatts and taking down the Authority. Taker would be awesome - it'd tee up Taker vs Authority's face come WM too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I think they didn't know what they were doing with the "Devil" thing and dropped it. Considering they haven't mentioned it in like a month and a half, I think it's safe to assume that storyline has been dropped.

Likewise with whatever they originally planned with Kane and The Wyatts.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

It's amazing how much gets dropped. Kinda silly too - not everything gets a positive reaction from the get go, but nor should it. It's like giving up Home Alone before you get to the payoff at the end. If you don't have Kevin doing the washing, you can't have the irons falling on Marv's head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why is it CSF and Mokuba almost always post around the same time and have the same opinions...?

Moneymaker - if you suspect someone is double posting, report the post rather than make unsubstantiated accusations on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anybody catch this fella pulling on a John Cena t-shirt over a Daniel Bryan t-shirt during Monday's Raw

1525223_778923475455453_1736263546_n.jpg

Never Respect the Beard? Is that John Cena's new motto?

Hoping Bryan turns up in something like this next week

Goat_Mask_III_by_grungepuppy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Bryan realises that HHH/Steph will never give him a fair chance at winning the title,so he:

1) Pretends to join the Wyatt family.

2) The entire Wyatt family enters the rumble in order to help Bray win it.

3) Bryan double crosses Bray at end in order to win the rumble as he knew he needed the help and to fool the authority in order for them to even let him in the Royal Rumble match

4.We get Cena Bray vs Bryan for the title,like Cena promised a few weeks back.

That's a much more likely outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When read here there was a house show on the same night, I was thinking "Strange, didn't notice anyone missing" Then realised they didn't have Rey, Show, Cena or Orton. Shows how noticed they were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When read here there was a house show on the same night, I was thinking "Strange, didn't notice anyone missing" Then realised they didn't have Rey, Show, Cena or Orton. Shows how noticed they were

I noticed Wifey, Orton and Cena. Only noticed the like of Big Show and Cody etc afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hoping Bryan turns up in something like this next week

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, they'd be stupid not to do this as they'll never have a better reason to do it. They could make it part of his entrance where he wears it to the ring and then takes it off before he fights. And when he turns back babyface (which I think we all see happening shortly) he could still use it while he feuds with the Wyatts. Could be a lovely money earner for them short-term.

A mask would have to be better than the little towel (?) he has at the minute

A mask would have to be better than the little towel (?) he has at the minute

Whats up with that is it is Non in ring related Divas thread Rag?

Advertisement