Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing or Blocking Off a Bath Mixer Tap Shower Connection

• 30-12-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to either replace or block off a bath mixer tap shower connection as the hose is leaking.

See attached pictures.

286574.jpg

286575.jpg

If I turn off the water can I just attach a cap of some kind to block off that option or do I need to replace the whole shower head attachment or do I need a complete new tap and shower head set?

Advice and guidance welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Is it possible to either replace or block off a bath mixer tap shower connection as the hose is leaking.

See attached pictures.

286574.jpg

286575.jpg

If I turn off the water can I just attach a cap of some kind to block off that option or do I need to replace the whole shower head attachment or do I need a complete new tap and shower head set?

Advice and guidance welcome. Thanks!

Why not just replace shower hose.
    If you want to blank it a 1/2 372 will fit it available from any plumbing suppliers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Why not just replace shower hose.
    If you want to blank it a 1/2 372 will fit it available from any plumbing suppliers

So if replacing the shower hose does it just screw off at the bottom at the connector and will the replacement come with its own connector to screw on?

Can a replacement be purchased in B&Q or the likes? Or where would be the best place around Swords or close by.

Thanks again.

So if replacing the shower hose does it just screw off at the bottom at the connector and will the replacement come with its own connector to screw on?

Can a replacement be purchased in B&Q or the likes? Or where would be the best place around Swords or close by.

Thanks again.

The hose just threads off no problem.
    Standard shower hose.
    You would get one in B&Q Woodies etc

The hose just threads off no problem.
    Standard shower hose.
    You would get one in B&Q Woodies etc

Sorry for the dumb question but I think the penny is dropping now...when you say threads off do you mean just above the push down / pull up connection which feeds the water to the shower hose and not the bigger nut/connection at the bottom?

If yes, would I need to turn off the water feed to replace that or just screw off/on?

Sorry for the dumb question but I think the penny is dropping now...when you say threads off do you mean just above the push down / pull up connection which feeds the water to the shower hose and not the bigger nut/connection at the bottom?

If yes, would I need to turn off the water feed to replace that or just screw off/on?

That's it and no there's no need to turn water off just screw off

• Advertisement

That's it and no there's no need to turn water off just screw off

Thank you for your help will give it a go. :-)

Advertisement