Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip piercing infection

Options
  • 30-12-2013 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I have my lip pieced about a year now and i woke up this morning and my lip is infected. What is the best way to treat it. Should i keep cleaning it with warm salty water and rinse my mouth out with mouth wash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Go to your piercer. They will judge if it is well and truly infected and give you the best course of action.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If you've had it for a year, I doubt it's infected. You could be just run down and your piercing is irritated and gick as a result. Give it a clean in some sea salt solution and go chat to a piercer. Be careful with harsh mouth washes as they can make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I have 3 lip piercings and have had two of them for nearly 8 years now.

It rarely happens but one of them might randomly become a bit irritated and sore which will then disappear after a few days. Using a salt water rinse either orally or just on a cotton pad might help, however doing this too much might make it worse like someone else mentioned.

Sometimes I find letting it go back to normal by itself works the best, making sure not to mess with or move the piercing too much and keeping it clean.

Obviously a piercer will be able to help you out.

Advertisement