Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radiator cold on bottom???

• 30-12-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Was bleeding the rads today (as I do every couple of months) and one of the radiators is cold on the bottom and hot on top. I know if they're hot on bottom and cold on top, I just bleed them and this equals things out. But I've never come across this before, and bleeding doesn't do anything.

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks a mill. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Was bleeding the rads today (as I do every couple of months) and one of the radiators is cold on the bottom and hot on top. I know if they're hot on bottom and cold on top, I just bleed them and this equals things out. But I've never come across this before, and bleeding doesn't do anything.

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks a mill. :D

Sounds like it could be sludged up . Is it an old system? And why do you have to bleed them so often ?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Egass13 wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be sludged up . Is it an old system? And why do you have to bleed them so often ?

The house is about ten years old, if not more. We usually run out of heating oil once a month as we don't always have money to top up. So when we get a drum or two of oil, the system has to be reset every time and it causes airlocks in the system. I know it's not ideal, but sometimes can't be helped. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

P.K.M. wrote: »
    The house is about ten years old, if not more. We usually run out of heating oil once a month as we don't always have money to top up. So when we get a drum or two of oil, the system has to be reset every time and it causes airlocks in the system. I know it's not ideal, but sometimes can't be helped. :o

Running out of oil shouldn't cause airlocks in your heating system , sounds like you have a leak somewhere to me . Constant bleeding of system and introduction of fresh oxygenated water will corrode the system and cause sludge build up .

Advertisement